Lithium battery on 23 toy hauler

sburton86

As many state I'm looking to go lithium in my 23 heartland torque 371 toy hauler. I upgraded to solar and 3rd ac unit with energy management. I know in the energy panel I can select lithium battery but not sure if the converter will work. I would hope newer units are setup to use lithium.

As many state I'm looking to go lithium in my 23 heartland torque 371 toy hauler. I upgraded to solar and 3rd ac unit with energy management. I know in the energy panel I can select lithium battery but not sure if the converter will work. I would hope newer units are setup to use lithium.
Can't speak to the Torque 371 specifically but my '21 Mallard did not come with a converter that knows about lithium batteries. Given that the manuf goes with the cheapest part necessary I would be surprised if the converter supports lithium. Should be easy enough to take the cover off the electrical box and see. In any case it would need to be switched to support that battery type. All it means is that your converter will never fully charge your lithium batteries. However, the solar should still bring them up to their 100% charged state. In my trailers, I end up just disconnecting the converter since the 300W of solar keeps the battery fully charged all the time.

I have 2017 Heartland Prowler 261pth Toy Hauler.
I changed over to Eco Worthy 100 amp hr batteries. Installed 2. Did have to upgrade my converter. Not that costly or hard to do. Best thing I ever did. Batteries work great.
I use 200 watt suitcase solar panel from renogy.

Last edited: