Loose Bumper Caps

Paul_W

The rubber bumper caps in my rear bumper are constantly on the verge of falling out on both ends. I have been forced to place duct tape around the ends of my attractive and shiny chrome bumper. There must be a better way that allows for access without having to screw down those caps. Suggestions?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If I understand correctly how the caps fit into the bumper, try wrapping the "male" portion of the cap with the tape to increase its size for a tighter fit and then sticking it in the bumper.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
On my last SOB, I just ran a couple of self tapping screws through the bumper into each one. Did the trick.

Rrloren

Had the same problem on a previous trailer, actually lost a few. On my Sundance the caps fit very tight , I have to pound on them to get them to seat , those babies are not going to fall out.
I wonder if you try another from your Dealer if you might get a better fit?

jnbhobe

I used to drill a hole thru the cap and the bumper and put a pin thru top to bottom.

babycampers

Some of those RV suppliers and maybe even Camping World have a bumper cap that has a hole through the center so that when you push the cap into the bumper tube, the end flexes into the bumper and creates the tension to hold it on tightly. The hole also creates the means to remove the cap when you need to access the bumper interior. It costs around $5 each and is worth it to us since we store the hoses in the bumper. We have never lost a cap since buying this type. Wonder why factory can't install these to begin with?