Low water pressure while on city water

When I am on city water I have very low water pressure in the kitchen sink and shower, does anybody else have this problem and what can I do to fix it.

danemayer

Hi aerowelder,

One thing to try is running off the pump to see if you have good water flow from the fresh water tank. If so, it would indicate the problem is either at the connection to the trailer or earlier. You should also disconnect the water hose from the city water inlet and check to see if there's good water flow coming out of the hose. Take a look at the city inlet filter screen; it could be partially clogged.

If you're using a pressure regulator, and it's important to do so, it may be restricting water flow as well as pressure. You can read more on the subject at the RV Water Filter Store.

If you're using a water filter, it could be clogged with debris that's restricting flow.

Finally, in the Heartland User Guide (HUG) section of the forum, we have an owner-written Water Systems Guide that may provide you with additional insights.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
As Dan stated, it could be your pressure reducer. If it is the one your dealer gave you.... the cheap ones, most of them have very low water flow. Get an adjustable one with a guage and set at 50#. Also the restrictors in the faucet and shower head could be plugged. If not, you could remove them as others have.

aatauses

Along with checking the heads at the faucets---you may want to check at the inlet of city water and see if there may be something wrong with the check valve--I have had to replace 3 of them---easy fix if this is the issue.
al
currently in Surprise, AZ

The thing you want to check with a water pressure regulator is the flow rate.
I use the Watts N-55B at 6 to 9 GPM for $74.95 with a 2" Stainless Oil Filled Gauge which adds $19.95
The newer model out now of this is the X-65BG also 6 to 9 GPM with a 2 1/2" Stainless Oil Filled Gauge for $99.95
The bigger the gauge, the easier to read.
These regulators are Brass and can be rebuilt.
RV Water Filter Store has the rebuild kits.
I always had the same problem with low flow from the cheap regulators, then I found out why, they only flow about 2 GPM.
Good Luck and remember, you get what you pay for.

Hockster