Measurement Needed: Center of the King Pin to Corner of Cap

Skywrench

Full Timer
Hoping someone with a newer Cyclone or Road Warrior can help. I'm looking for the distance (in inches) from the center of the king pin to the farthest foreword corner of the cap. Trying to do my homework on Companion hitch adjustment.

Thanks
Dave

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I dont know what the measurement is. But the hitch mounts where it mounts in your truck. The mounting brackets only go in one spot on the frame. Moving it back or forward is not something you do not want to do...at all. Most if not all HL 5ers have the 88* turning radius. Most short bed trucks will not have the cap hit the back glass. BTW, what TV do you have??

Skywrench

Full Timer
I have an 09 Dodge Mega Cab. The companion hitch I'm planning on using has fore/aft adjustments. I understand I want the king pin 1 or 2 inches foreword of the axle? I would still like those measurements for my own peace of mind to see how much clearance I will have.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
How long is the bed? Hope its at least 6'. A slider hitch can be useful at times. I had one in a S/B chevy and never used it. I finally removed it and installed the non-slider mounts. I could not stand all the clunking/banging. BTW, what model TH are you looking at...most, because of the GWR, you will need a 3500 DRW TV. Check to see what your payload is for your TV as you might, depending on the model, have a pin weight of 3K+.

BLHFUN

I don't have the distance ( trailer in storage ) but my companion is set up angle front ( towards the TH) Center hole forward. That is using the rear holes towards the truck cab. It put the king pin directly over the Duals. image.jpg As you can see I'm on the lowest setting, because I sit 59" at the tail gate.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    316.7 KB · Views: 39