Microwave Problems

Sylvania Microwave

Hi,

I have a new 2008 model 2800 Sundance. My wife and I are very pleased with it - except the Sylvania Microwave lasted all of 8 minutes before it shorted out. The dealer has been good about it reimbursing us for a replacement we purchased ourselves for under $100 (which is holding up well).

I suspected the Sylvania would give us problems as we had purchased one about 18 months ago for our home and it lasted only a month before shorting out. With that one, we took it in for warranty servicing and the repair lasted less than 2 weeks. We threw it out at that point. The repair man mentioned Sylvania was keeping him in business..

Perhaps Heartland should review the reputation of Sylvania microwaves.

gw

JohnL

Sundance Product Manager
Jack thanks for the heads up on the microwave i will pass on to purchasing. thanks John Sundance Brand Manager

vangoes

The Sylvania micro problem is not new......my first one lasted about the time to microwave a potato half way..............the second one (a replacement) lasted three days out................and now my third one; well, it still works for now. But of course, my warranty is over so I expect it to go belly up anytime. My last motorhome had SOB microwave and after 7 years of use I sold the motorhome and the microwave was still working great.