Missing tv

vbluemke

We just purchased a 2016 North Trail 22rbk and love it. However, it did not come with a tv. Where the tv should go, there is a blue led light strip that we have no idea what it is for. And when we use our tv, everytime some turns on the push button led lights in camper, it interupts the tv. Anyone else have this issue?

danemayer

We just purchased a 2016 North Trail 22rbk and love it. However, it did not come with a tv. Where the tv should go, there is a blue led light strip that we have no idea what it is for. And when we use our tv, everytime some turns on the push button led lights in camper, it interupts the tv. Anyone else have this issue?

Hi vbluemke,

There was a question about the blue light behind the TV a few weeks ago. It's mood lighting.

As for LEDs creating interference with the TV signal, it could be the LEDs making too much electrical noise, or it could be a weak signal from the antenna to the TV, or it could be a TV problem. If your TV reception is excellent (without the LED being ON), it might be more likely to be a noisy LED.

If you have more than one light fixture of this type and only the one creates a problem, it might be just the one fixture that needs to be replaced, or perhaps swapped with another one somewhere else in the trailer.

wdk450

BTW, an AM transistor radio tuned off of a broadcasting station is a good "sniffer" for RFI.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
"We just purchased a 2016 North Trail 22rbk and love it. However, it did not come with a tv. Where the tv should go, there is a blue led light strip that we have no idea what it is for".

When I first read this I starting thinking tow vehicle, tv. I was at odds as to what to say because if you didn't know where the tow vehicle went... I should stop drinking so much!

There is a mounting point over on that wall by your stereo for the television. Also, we are having a similar issue in our rig. One of the moderators stated that there are filters you can install to eradicate this issue.

RoadJunkie

What you have is a "Blue Light Special"...Cheap devices,of almost any type, often emit spurious electrical noise. You can purchase an in-line filter and attach it in series with your TV coax cable immediately prior to your TV. This only works if the noise is entering from the cable; Sometimes the noise enters from a marginal component within your TV. You can alternately purchase a toroid core that functions by wrapping the TV coax cable around the core several times. The theory is that RF noise "rides" on the shield of the coax and is absorbed by the material within the core. Or, better yet still, turn off the blue light and make your on mood enhancer....martini, perhaps?