My wife broke something on our awning ...OK it was me.

ann1951

We have an awning by Dometic A&E system. I broke the hard plastic piece that connects to the inner sliding arm. I can see how to get the bottom part out but does anyone know how to get the other piece out
of the top part of the inner arm?

Thanks
AnnP1060099.jpg

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Not completely sure but, I think if you loosen that knob and slide the inner tube down and out. There should be a cross pin holding the part in. Then on that other part you would remove the two alen set screws out of the bottom of the channel and slide it all the way out. I don't know if that right at all or if it helps but I tried.
Just found this so I think I'm wright.
3311583.000.jpg
A&E_rafter_asm_secondarym.jpg

richheck

Seasoned Member
If I remember correctly, you have to order part number "503" on the chart that Jerrod supplied. The part you broke is not sold by itself.

Sometimes you can get lucky, check your local RV service center. Many times they have replaced complete awnings and some save the old parts to sell later.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Not sure if you found your parts yet but I was in an RV store yesterday here in Pismo Beach CA and found both parts.
The entire assembly the bar & the piece on the end or they just had the end piece only
103f61453b235daec31c0f74a7aff8de.jpg
9e0458ace82437df20ef8f16331eafc7.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Just had mine replaced with the whole upper shaft. The piece that broke is made of pot metal. Was told the reason was lack of lubrication in the groves. Use a dry silicone spray.