need help from other Lakeview or Resort destination trailer owners!!

dglenna

Ive been looking at 2016 and 2017 destination trailers and one of the dealerships (was a top 25 seller of these) said they quit selling them all together because of poor construction; floor and slideout issues. mainly the floor would rot at base of wall and slide out. the water drainage system for water to run off of slideout apparently is poor. water gets in behind rubber seal and sits instead of drains. HELP. I really like these units but now im totally changing my mind because of what I was told.. Any one have any issues?????? please let me know. Thanks! Derek

jimtoo

Hi Derek,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I have been on the forum for over 10 years now. Being a moderator and reading almost every post that is on here, and sorting and moving as needed, I don't think I have ever heard of a problem like the dealer was telling you about. Yes, sometimes people have a leak due to the way it is parked, not maintaining grout in the seams as needed, plumbing leaks also. But if the unit is parked correctly, basically level, slides extended all the way, and maintained, you will not get water inside. By design the water will run away from the unit.

I'm sure since the dealer is not selling the units you were looking for that he had something else that was better, according to him. I think you need to look for another dealer to find the unit you want.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

danemayer

Hi Derek,

Given that this and other RV Forums provide help when owners have problems, if the situation were as described by that dealer, I'm sure we'd be seeing endless posts asking for help. The fact that we're not seeing posts like that on destination trailers can probably be interpreted as a good sign.

I agree with Jim that when dealers stop selling a particular brand, and a customer walks in looking for that brand, it's pretty common for them to make up a story to convince the customer that whatever he's currently selling is the thing to buy.