Needed Advice on towing a RV

sparkie55

I bought a BH 3455 RL and will pick it up next Friday . My concearn is will my truck pull it ok . I have a 2010 Ford F 350 Diesel duellie . From what i can find out the truck will do it , But i am concearned that i may be at the upper limits of this truck . Does anyone have the same equip. and any advice ???? Thanks Jack

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Jack, Welcome to the Heartland Family & Forum. Your truck will have no problems with that rig. You may be at the upper limits if you overload the trailer but under normal circumstances you'll be fine.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
It's general specs are very similar to my BH3670. My GMC 3500HD dually doesn't have a problem pulling or stopping it, so you should be good to go, even though you're driving a Ford.;)

wyleyrabbit

I love questions like these! I'm sure you'll be fine, just don't overload your trailer as Ray already said.

Usually the question is more like, "I have a 250/2500 and just bought a huge toy hauler with a 18k GVWR, want to make sure I'm okay." And the answers always vary from, "not a chance" to "it'll pull just fine".

If you really want to feel better, take the truck and trailer through a weigh scale.

Welcome to the forum.

caissiel

These trailers tow realy well, you will like the way your truck and trailer perform. I have no problem towing mine with the F250 and the engine only torques to 45/55% while on overdrive. Any higher the fuel mileage on these truck realy climbs up. They do have lots of power.

Birchwood

The GVWR of your truck should be at least 12200 lbs.The pin weight of your BH would be 3200 lb max
if it was fully loaded(using the 20% calculation).
To calculate your total load at max: Truck 7500 lb(approx) + 3200 lb (trailer pin) + 700 lbs ( passengers and cargo in the truck ) = 11400 lbs.

Your Ford will be more than adequate to haul your new Big Horn.

aatauses

As other have said you should have no issues pulling/stopping with your current set up. One suggestion I would make is to load your trailer for your typical travel gear and go to a scale. Take weights for your truck axles (front/rear) and your trailer axles (front and rear). YOu should be able to then check the Ford manual and see about tow/haul weights.
al