never fail bushings

mlpeloquin

Don't do it. I did it the other way around. I replaced the never fail bushings with wet bolts. I found the never fail bushings thinned down, two thinned to the point of being cracked in half, and quit frankly the suspension was very noisy. With the lubed bolts and bronze sleeve bearings, the suspension is much quieter, and seems to move easier over speed bumps. I believe others will chime in, because they too have replaced the "never fail bushings" as well. Now you do want the lubed bolts though and point them to the inside so you do not have to remove the tires to lube them.

davebennington

I had the shackles with the bronze bushings and they were good for about 16000 miles, then they had to be changed. I would suggest you carry a grease gun with you and grease the zerk fittings every 2000 miles. When I traded our coach it had about 95000 miles on it. I had changed the bushings 5 times, and several times they were really worn out.

dave

Gary521

Whether you use wet bolts with bronze bushings or never fail bushings without wet bolts, the important thing is to use heavy duty shackles. I just replaced the shackles on my 2017 Bighorn and they were already worn. BTW:The factory installed Dexter EZflex equalizer comes with bronze bushings installed.

MTPockets

Neverfail installed on our Big Horn at about 6 months old. We were full timing and travelled from Florida to Seattle, Arizona and places between for four years. Neverfail bushings were still in great shape after traveling all around the USA. My opinion is that where failures are indicated, it's a mounting issue. The bushing is only as good as the initial installation and an unworn shackle pin. If that pin is damaged or worn it will then damage the bushing. This also applies to bronze bushings. My career of nearly 40 years involved bearings of all types. The Neverfail is a good product, but like I said, the mating surfaces must be in good condition and the bushings properly installed.