New 2010 Big Horn sighted in Waco, TX

SueJean

:D Hi Ya'll!

As we were heading south on I-35, we pulled into the "Flying J" in Waco, TX. (We were thinking of spending the night there but it was too early to stop. :p)

Hadn't been there too long when a "Transporter" pulled in next to us with a bug-splotted, brand spanking new, 2010 Big Horn. The driver got out for a chat and we took a quick look around the outside at some of the new features. (The doors are sealed shut from the factory and the guy admitted that although he's been transporting for a while he's never seen the inside of one of these "babies" :confused:).

The bay doors have been upgraded with a new style handle and locks that look pretty nice, but the best feature are the new "footies". You can control/adjust them separately for uneven terrain. Nice touch! Heartland. :eek: and they have big, round "feet".

(Sorry all you techies out there. I can't remember what the term is for those two leg thingies that come down in the front to stabilize the trailer. Road "brain" (as in I'm too tired to think right now. Been on the road for 9 1/2 hours.). :eek:

Blessings,

SueJean and DannyLee

jbeletti

Hi SueJean and DannyLee,

That's always awesome, seeing Heartlands on the road. I was at a Flying J just north of McAllen, TX I think, and was fueling and a female passenger in a truck pulling an SOB 5er fueling next to me got out and told me my coach looked awesome. Timing was not good in a fuel lane to give a tour :)

The footies are the round feet or pads on the end of the front landing gear. On the unit you saw, it was hydraulic front landing gear as this is now standard for Bighorn (Cyclone too). The door latches you saw is what is referred to as "slam latch" baggage doors. Every year, we keep changing the game - making improvements and making more items standard. Thank you for noticing.

Jim

SueJean

That's always awesome, seeing Heartlands on the road.................... a female passenger in a truck pulling an SOB 5er fueling next to me got out and told me my coach looked awesome. Jim

:eek:Thanks for the technical info.

As I said, I'm a bit "road weary" and wrazzled right now. My brain is on "low battery. We put in a 9 1/2 hours of driving today trying to keep on schedule. Don't want to be late for Jimtoo's birthday celebration, uh, I mean the Spring, TX rally.....and we've got some stops to make before we get there yet. :angel:

We also get lots of compliments on our rig. The funniest to date was at the military checkpoint in Mexico. We had been told lots of horror stories about how they would want to go through everything in our rig from top to bottom and it would take forever, etc. etc....

When we pulled up to the soldier at the checkpoint, he pointed up at our rig and said, "BIG HORN!!!" and DH said, "Yep, Big Horn" and the guy laughs and points again and says, "BIG HORN!" and we all laugh and then he waves us through with a flourish and a great big smile.

Our "baby" is a hit wherever we go. :cool: