New 2015 4200 - Dealer upgrade from Towmax to Gs?

kategrass

Looking at a new 2015 4200 that's still sitting on the lot. It has the Towmax tires and they are quoting me $1512 to upgrade to Gs (says this is what the factory says it costs to swap them). Does this seem reasonable for cost?

I assume this means they'll be putting the sailuns on it... or am I better off taking the towmax tires and driving directly somewhere else to have them swapped to something different?

Thanks for any input!

Westwind

The only way your going to know is to price them with and independent tire dealer. At least a tire dealer will balance them for you and yes you should have them balanced.

GOTTOYS

You will pay about the same price to have them changed out locally plus you will have the Towmax tires left over, which you can sell to some farmer for their manure spreader or such. I sold my old Towmax tires on Craig's but their reputation didn't make it easy. Don't expect to get much for them...Don

kategrass

We fulltime, so I'm not hauling around 7 extra tires to try to sell them.

Cost is actually about $1750 when they add in the spare. Looks like it's a few hundred higher than ordering the sailuns online and having a local shop install.

Now to decide if we go with the Sailuns or something else all together.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
The GY's are more money that the Sailuns. The Sailuns are what HL is installing on all TH's now.

jam20ster

I would opt to buy a 2016 with them already installed from factory, unless the difference in year model is substantial. My dealer sold me a 2016 for the same price as a 2015. They made a mistake on their part when i put down the deposit and they honored it.