New 3814 owner, would love to hear from others

Hello folks;
We just purchased a 2011 cyclone 3814, wondering if there are any other 3814 owners on the forum. I would be interested in hearing any suggestions before our maiden voyage to San Diego. We were longtime owners of a Safari diesel pusher, and know the coach's vibrate and it's common for things to get loose.
Thanks,
neal

danemayer

Hi nsternberg,

Congratulations on your "new to you" Cyclone and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of helpful and friendly people.

I'm sure other 3814 owners will chime in shortly.

TXTiger

Hello folks;
We just purchased a 2011 cyclone 3814, wondering if there are any other 3814 owners on the forum. I would be interested in hearing any suggestions before our maiden voyage to San Diego. We were longtime owners of a Safari diesel pusher, and know the coach's vibrate and it's common for things to get loose.
Thanks,
neal

When will you be in San Diego and where are you camping? I live in San Diego but am on the road heading back from the National Rally in Goshen.

We are in San Diego at the KOA in Chula Vista from July 18th - 25th, we also have two Harleys, Electra Glide and a Fatboy...

Mizmary

Congratulations!! We don't own a 3814 but we do own a Cyclone. We full time - and we are in San Diego as well. You will love the KOA. There is always something going on. At least after being in another area campground I certainly realized how wonderful the KOA is.

Mizmary

We own a 4100 and the back room bounces a bit. We had some shifting items in the kitchen. But everything rode really really well. I always "use caution when opening overhead compartments as items may have shifted during travel" anyway. ;-P

TwoGypsies

We have a 3812, hope that counts. I think our 2011 is pretty close to yours except the garage is 2 feet shorter. Our ownership experience has been excellent. This is our first 5th wheel and maybe we should have started with something smaller but thinking back we would make the same choices again as it has worked out very well. We full-timed for a year and a half but are presently back in part-time mode with some extended trips planned. Our biggest challenge was getting the tv-satellite cabling sorted out but it wasn't the end of the world. Everything else has been working well. Coming from a coach I suspect you will be disappointed with the ride going down the highway, especially if you get into an under-maintained stretch. Just be careful when you are sipping hot coffee. Congrats on your purchase!