New ATT Mobile Unlimited Data Plan $20.00 or $40.00 per month

Speedy

You comment is a little deceiving since you need more than just a power supply from Amazon. You forgot to mention a newer Chevy as well.

Oregon_Camper

You comment is a little deceiving since you need more than just a power supply from Amazon. You forgot to mention a newer Chevy as well.

The way I read/understood the article , was you could purchase an adapter that allows you to power the device, without connecting to your truck.

But - there is a way around this that enables the Mobley to run 24/7!
Instead of using the OBD-II port, you can instead get an adapter that will power the Mobley directly.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Also be aware that the unlimited plan is not truly unlimited. After 22GB, the usage is subject to "network management" in high usage areas. In a their words, you may not get the speed or bandwidth you were getting before if there are lots of users on the same tower.

One other big catch with the Mobley is that it is a relatively limited and out of date hotspot relative to newer AT&T devices like the Netgear Unite Explore. In particular, the Mobley does not support LTE Advanced carrier aggregation, so it will be slower than other modern AT&T devices in the same locations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

avvidclif

Got a question maybe someone can answer. I have AT&T service with a IPhone 5. A friend has Straight Talk which uses the AT&T network. Both our phone showed connected to ATT. We both ran the speedtest app. I got 12mb down and 13mb up. He got 48mb down and 12mb up. Any idea why the difference in speed down???? Iphone vs Android maybe???

richheck

Seasoned Member
Cliff

For further clarification, were you both testing from the same location at the same time? There can be a lot of variables if the two tests were not at the same location and at the same time. Distance from cell tower, how busy the tower was with other traffic durning the tests time of day or evening, etc.

travis_g

I just tried to buy it with the unlimited plan and it didn't show up. I tried chatting with AT&T but the rep wasn't very helpful. I tried it both as an addition and as a new plan. :confused:

TravelTiger

I just tried to buy it with the unlimited plan and it didn't show up. I tried chatting with AT&T but the rep wasn't very helpful. I tried it both as an addition and as a new plan. :confused:

I was seriously considering adding one to our plan. I found them for sale at Best Buy. The adapter plug I found on Amazon. I have not made the purchase because of the "older technology" statement I posted above.

avvidclif

Cliff

For further clarification, were you both testing from the same location at the same time? There can be a lot of variables if the two tests were not at the same location and at the same time. Distance from cell tower, how busy the tower was with other traffic durning the tests time of day or evening, etc.

Standing side by side. Is that close enough?

richheck

Seasoned Member
I was seriously considering adding one to our plan. I found them for sale at Best Buy. The adapter plug I found on Amazon. I have not made the purchase because of the "older technology" statement I posted above.

Erika,

I was finally able to find a salesperson that had knowledge on this. I added the Mobley to my Unlimited Plus account and ordered the 110V wall power unit from Amazon. The Mobley will be delivered tomorrow and the power unit a little later.

Was as told that the 22gb level is per line, i.e. I have two cell lines plus the Monley for a total of three line giving me a total of 66gb combined plus both phone lines give me 10gb of hotspot each.

Will be watching to see if anyone swaps their SIM cards from the Mobley to the Netgear Aircard 815s for better performance.

Rich

TravelTiger

Erika,

I was finally able to find a salesperson that had knowledge on this. I added the Mobley to my Unlimited Plus account and ordered the 110V wall power unit from Amazon. The Mobley will be delivered tomorrow and the power unit a little later.

Was as told that the 22gb level is per line, i.e. I have two cell lines plus the Monley for a total of three line giving me a total of 66gb combined plus both phone lines give me 10gb of hotspot each.

Will be watching to see if anyone swaps their SIM cards from the Mobley to the Netgear Aircard 815s for better performance.

Rich

Good luck! Hope it works well, please report back.

Yes the description of the unlimited plan with the 22GB "limit" is confusing, it is per device, not total for all devices in your plan.

We have two iPhones and a hotspot, switched to the unlimited plan.... they get 22GB each, before network prioritization.

Our history has been about 30-40GB total between the three, plus we use park wifi at our home park. So I feel confident we'll manage with this plan. We'll see!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bohemian

Yes, the normal sales rep needs to transfer you to the att car sales rep. Yeh, dumb, but .l.