New "attraction" in Terrell TX

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
For Texans and others traveling through the state, you may be familiar with Bucee's. Well, the TERRELL LOCATION IS NOW OPEN!

bucees20.gif
506 W. IH 20
Terrell, TX 75160

Bucee's tend to have very low fuel prices, which creates market competition. Diesel pricing on Gas Buddy near there as low as $2.35!

Last edited:

avvidclif

Bucees and Shell were $2.37 & $2.35. QT was $2.33 so Shell went to $2.31. Let the wars begin.

I've seen it and probably won't be back. Overgrown tourist trap. The PA for the food section was so loud in the bathrooms it hurt my ears.

dlw930

When we drove by on our way to Goshen, it looked like they were close to opening. The Terrell location isn't on our usual cow path, but it's a must stop if we happen to be going that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

When we drove by on our way to Goshen, it looked like they were close to opening. The Terrell location isn't on our usual cow path, but it's a must stop if we happen to be going that way.

They opened June 23.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Ok I'll bite - what's a Bucees? Is it like Petro/Pilot/Flying J?

TravelTiger

New "attraction" in Terrell TX

Click on the link in my first post for pics of Bucees. Imagine truck stop, without truckers (no semis allowed) + grocery store, + hunting supplies + camping supplies + clothing/souvenirs/gifts + deli + home decor, then add 100 pumps and 100 restrooms.

It's an experience not to miss if there's one in your path, but then, it's also a great place for low fuel, easy in and out while towing, lots of choices for snacks and anything you may have forgotten... and very clean restrooms -- so it becomes a great place to stop every time!

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Re: New "attraction" in Terrell TX

Now that sounds like a place I'd like. Thanks Erika

'Lil Guy'

And don't forget the Beaver Nuts and Kolaches. I don't go out of my way for one but they're hard to pass up. Great rest stop and you can browse for an hour.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired

Nathan and Byrd next time yall are in Texas ya gotta stop at a buccees. Think of the old Stuckeys on serious steroids. Lol

'Lil Guy'

Jim, I don 't even like the things but my Grandchildren do. Now the Kolaches are a diffe3rent story. A dozen might last me 2 days, and don't forget about their B B Q sandwiches. I think their Kolaches are fat free so a dozen won't hurt.

MCTalley

Here are a couple Bucee's pictures. This one is in New Braunfels, Texas. At the time, it was the largest in the chain (not sure if it still is). 65,000 square foot store (Super WalMarts are typically a little smaller) and 120 fuel pumps.

Note that there is another whole line of fuel islands off the left side of the picture. I couldn't get the whole thing in one picture.

140414-01.jpg

Inside.

140414-02.jpg

The wall of snacks:

140414-03.jpg

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Here are a couple Bucee's pictures. This one is in New Braunfels, Texas. At the time, it was the largest in the chain (not sure if it still is). 65,000 square foot store (Super WalMarts are typically a little smaller) and 120 fuel pumps.

According to corporate.walmart.com,
The average Wal-Mart superstore is 179,000 square feet.
The average Wal-Mart discount store is 105,000 square feet.

Even if they are smaller than a Wal-Mart they still are a huge convenience store and gas station

It would appear that even the worlds largest truck stop ,Iowa80, is smaller.
http://iowa80truckstop.com/