New Cyclone Owner

Boostable

Been lurking for a few weeks waiting on the new rig to be ready, so figured it was time to get involved. Picking up our 4114 tomorrow and heading out on our first short trip Thursday. Really looking forward to it. Doing our walk through tomorrow, anything was should be looking for that I might not of thought of?

Thanks,

Jack

Last edited:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Jack and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Heartland Family. Congrats on the new Cyclone.
Be sure that the dealer explains the operation of everything. Some dealers are not real familiar with the products they sell. But there are many well versed owners on this forum that are willing to share their knowledge. So ask away if you need more help.
Be sure that the rig is plugged in to shore power and city water. Test everything from the kitchen sink to the TV's.
Be sure that the tires are inflated to the max pressure listed on the sidewall.
I know that it is warm now in FL, but test the furnace as well.
It won't hurt to take video of everything to help remember things.
Do not turn on the electric part of the water heater until it is full of water.
Have them explain the winterizing procedure, bypass valves and water pump. Again, we are here for you if there is any unanswered question from your PDI.
In general, look at everything.

Be sure to check out the rallies around the country and consider attending one or more. All located on the Portal Page.
Also check out the Heartland Owners Club now offering a free one year introductory membership.

Peace
Dave

1231ChaseB

I've posted this before but here goes again ! When you get the Cycloe home stand back and look at the ramp door like it's a picture with the fiberglass as the picture and the outer metal as the picture frame ! What you need to do is get some silicone and put it where the metal and fiberglass meet ! If there is not some way to stop water from running down the fiberglass and getting inside the bottom of the door you WILL have problems sooner rather than later ! It's possible that their sealing them now but be sure to check it out ! If water does get in the bottom of the door there is NO way for it to get out ! JMHO !!!
chaseb

ILH

Just a few thoughts here...

- operate all awnings and slides
- check the bottoms of drawers (we had a couple where the bottom was not in the groove - easy fix, but your dealer should do it)
- if you have a generator package, run it under load
- run the a/c and try it deflected to bedrooms and see how much air is moving through vents
- if you have the bunk option in the garage, check to make sure the legs are the correct length, and that the pins are easily removable / insertable when at the top
- if you have the aux fuel tank, check that it correctly pumps fuel
- I would assume you have the dysan vac, but if you have the built-in vac, make sure it correctly starts / stops
- consider having your dealer assist you in labelling your breaker / fuse panel
- have your dealer check axle bolt torque and all welds on suspension
- purchase a tire pressure monitoring system as soon as possible (doesn't matter how good or what brand your tires are)
- if you do not already have one, get a tool set for the road... Its just the nature of RVing.

jeffdee

This is what I had in my truck when I went to pick up our 3110 last August:

• heavy duty tire pressure gauge (0-120 psi)
  • 1/2" drive torque wrench (0-150 ft-lb)
  • 1/2" black socket set with a 10" extension
  • heavy-duty 3-ton floor jack and a piece of 1/2 inch plywood to fit jack
  • set of tools in a portable tool box

You can store most everything in the tool floor locker in the garage and access it with the garage ramp still closed. Please be vigilant regularly monitoring tire pressures and lug nut torque on both rv and towing truck. It does not take much time to do when prepping for a trip.

Boostable

Thanks everyone for the replies, it is greatly appreciated.

Did the walk through yesterday, total time about 2.5hrs. I was very vigilant through the process and tried, tested, moved, pushed or otherwise tested everything I could think of. Its a lot to go over and absorb for sure. We found a few minor issue that they addressed immediately and we scheduled a return visit next week to take care of a few cosmetic issue, but are going to take her out this weekend for a shake down run.

Already have a "road box" that I carry all my gear in and its the first thing I put in the trailer! A TPM system is definitely on my short list things to get and will do it ASAP.

Going to be making a list of things this weekend that I have missed or otherwise forgotten.. lol I am sure there will be a few.

Thanks again, and any other suggestions for a newbie are welcome.

Jack