new owner

CeeCee99

I just picked up a 2014 North Trail Caliber 30RKDD TT yesterday. Will be spending summer as volunteer with Army Corps of Engineers at Saylorville Lake. Heading to Texas this winter. Sent an email to Heartland during buying process and received a phone call within FIVE minutes! So far so good. However, dealer is 75 miles away and many "glitches" by the time I got it home, including a bedroom door that wouldn't stay shut and a bathroom door that wouldn't open or unlock, even with the pin outside or the knob inside. Lots of sticky hinges so silicone spray in hand..

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. A great place with a lot of great people and information.
And congratulations on your new NT.
Consider attending the Iowa Chapter Rally June 20 in Altoona.
And think about joining us at Amana in early October for the Heartland Owners Regional Rally.

Peace
Dave

Last edited:

Garypowell

A bathroom door that won't open could be a serious problem;). Seriously you will find little things all the time to my thinking it is part of the ownership. I try and keep in mind it is a one bedroom apartment ON WHEELS!

Please note that heartland will authorize someone qualified who might be closer. The main thing in the fixing process is to stay involved. Often people will post that they have dropped their rig off someplace and then call that place 3 months later wondering if their rig is fixed. There are certainly many good dealerships out there but I have found most are only interested as you are.

Don't mean you have to rant and rave. Just be interested and keep checking on progress. I have seen it take HL 10 days to send me parts (yes they will let you fix your own rig) but if your fixer says it takes much longer check with HL yourself to insure parts are ordered.

You out mention you sprayed a few hinges so it seems you understand there will be things to do......try and enjoy the process and your new rig.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
An easy fix for the bedroom door is an oversized striker plate. You can get them at one of the big box stores and takes about 5 minutes to swap out. Sounds like the bathroom needs a new doorknob.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. A great place with a lot of great people and information.
And congratulations on your new NT.
Consider attending the Amana Chapter Rally June 20 in Altoona.
And think about joining us at Amana in early October for the Heartland Owners Regional Rally.

Peace
Dave

The Iowa chapter rally is June 20-22 in Altoona.
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...0-2014-to-6-22-2014/page2?p=338988#post338988

The Regional Rally is October 3-5 in Amana, IA.
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...3-2014-to-10-5-2014/page4?p=334749#post334749