New Rims To Hold 110 lbs

Sandpirate69

Looking for a company where I can Purchase a nice set of rims for my RW305. Also, so I can mount the G617's I think that's the model #. I had those goodyears before on another rig and they roll real nice. Anyone out there has a source or contact? I know I saw a post where someone upgraded their rims & tires.

caissiel

There is also the size of the studs on the 110# rims, on our 7000 lbs axle we have 9/16" studs and others do have 1/2" studs.

lwmcguir

http://www.trailertiresandwheels.com/ Great place to purchase new wheels and tires. Almost all of the wheels made will work on 1/2 and 9/16 studs if they are they are in the 80-110 psig class.

I have purchased several sets of tires/wheels and always use DynaBeads as well. They ship them out the same or next day and are always exactly what you order.

jnbhobe

If you are spending the money for new wheels then look at 17.5 in wheels and tires. They will last longer than G-614s and will last longer for less money.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Looking for a company where I can Purchase a nice set of rims for my RW305. Also, so I can mount the G617's I think that's the model #. I had those goodyears before on another rig and they roll real nice. Anyone out there has a source or contact? I know I saw a post where someone upgraded their rims & tires.
Ivan, have you checked your current wheels for capacity? They may be rated for 110psi...

Sandpirate69

I wasn't able to locate the max lbs on these rims. But, i'm going to check them again. There has to be some type of stamp by the manufacturer on the max load/weight/psi these factory rims can handle. I'm trying not to buy new rims, but if I have to I will. I saw on a lower post to buy the 17.5 rims. Will the tire & rim combo rub on the top of the rig? And will they touch when you drive up onto a driveway? Also, if not the Goodyears G614's then what other brand? I long fan of the Goodyear dating back to the introduction of the Wingfoot. Thanks for the technical information, always trying to keep the family as safe as possible.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
You can contact Tredit, the tire/wheel supplier, and they can tell you the psi of the rims. I couldn't find it either on mine, Tredit told me it was 80psi max.

E

jnbhobe

Look around there are many more tires available in 17.5, just watch the OD of what you pick. there are lots of choices.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I wasn't able to locate the max lbs on these rims. But, i'm going to check them again. There has to be some type of stamp by the manufacturer on the max load/weight/psi these factory rims can handle. I'm trying not to buy new rims, but if I have to I will. I saw on a lower post to buy the 17.5 rims. Will the tire & rim combo rub on the top of the rig? And will they touch when you drive up onto a driveway? Also, if not the Goodyears G614's then what other brand? I long fan of the Goodyear dating back to the introduction of the Wingfoot. Thanks for the technical information, always trying to keep the family as safe as possible.
Ivan, the info should be there somewhere. As for 17.5 wheels, you should just purchase a tire with the same OD or a tad more than your existing tires. It appears that 17.5 wheels are about 2X the price of 16's but I guess if you need the capacity, that would be the way to go. G614's on 16" wheels should be fine for your rig.

Sandpirate69

Ray, thanks. I will get back under there as soon as I return from this hunt trip. Just looking at options. On the way up, I saw a BH on the side of the road on I95 with a blow out. He had the TowMax, (i've seen them here as the "China Bombs"). By the time I was able to get the shoulder I was about 1/2 mile from him. I unloaded my Polaris & went to check on him. Poor guy was all shook up, as well as his wife. I helped him out changing his tire & directed him to the camping world just a bit further. Do not know the cause of the blow out, but they did look fairly new. It got me thinking, I was at 12.5K loaded at the time. Kind of makes me think what type of testing are down on these types of tires or do they. Anyway enough, i've rambled on enough, time to go back to the ground blind.

lwmcguir

Many wheels are stamped on the inside near the center with the psig rating. 17.5' wheel/tire combos for the most part are the same diameter as the G614 combo.