New to Cyclone

TX_Clay

My wife, Monique and I have been RV'ing for almost 10 years now. Our first was a 5th Wheel PlayMor Renegade Toybox. We have taken it from Texas to Philadelphia to the Black Hills of S. Dakota and every where in between. It has served us well for what we wanted to do. 2 weeks ago, we saw the 2015 Cyclone 3010 and feel in love with it. Double door frig, auto leveling, dual 15,000 A/C units with heat strips, lots of room. So we traded our old 5th for the CY3010. We feel like the Jefferson's, moving on up. Man, what a difference. Still learning the systems and finding some thing that don't work (oven pilot light wont light, one of the TV cable feeds doesn't seem to work). But we will get these corrected on our first warranty trip.
Looking forward to creating some great memories in this as we did with our PlayMor.

danemayer

Hi TX_Clay,

Congratulations on the new Cyclone and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people.

Texas has 2 local chapters of the Heartland Owners Club (North and South) that are pretty active. Both chapters just had their Fall rallies a few weeks ago. Maybe you can make it to the North Texas Spring rally in Santo (west of Fort Worth). Take a look at the Club Portal for info on joining in the fun. There's even a free introductory membership.

FiremanBill

Welcome aboard Clay! Nice choice of rigs you got there. We've had our Cyclone since Feb of last year and absolutely love it. Well except for the tires that came on it. If you have Towmax tires I highly encourage you to do some research and quickly get rid of them!

Not sure if we have the same oven but ours does not have an auto pilot light. We have to push and hold the pilot button and light it manually.

Enjoy, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!

TX_Clay

Not sure if we have the same oven but ours does not have an auto pilot light. We have to push and hold the pilot button and light it manually.

Enjoy, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!

YOU HAVE TO PUSH AND HOLD? Just learned something, my old trailer, you just had to turn it to pilot and then heat up the coupler before the pilot would light. Thanks for the info.
Now if I can figure out how to use the heat strips that are in my AC units for those days when it is cool and I don't want to use my propane. Now, if I set it on heat, the furnace runs. Not sure how to switch it. Any advice?

danemayer

Hi Clay,

If you have a Dometic Comfort Control Thermostat, you should be able to cycle the MODE to Heat Strip.
Dometic Comfort Control II Thermostat.jpg

TX_Clay

Ours has the Dometic that I have pictured here. I am guessing that I need the version that has heat pump or strip as shown in the second pic.
Invoice shows heat strips for both front a rear units but the t-stats as shown with Dometic 1.jpg. Wonder how fun that will be to get the dealer to correct on our first warranty trip.

Attachments

• Dometic 1.jpg
    Dometic 1.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 35
  • Dometic 2.jpg
    Dometic 2.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 35

danemayer

Ours has the Dometic that I have pictured here. I am guessing that I need the version that has heat pump or strip as shown in the second pic.
Invoice shows heat strips for both front a rear units but the t-stats as shown with Dometic 1.jpg. Wonder how fun that will be to get the dealer to correct on our first warranty trip.
I'd call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. Ask them which thermostat you're supposed to have to operate the heat strips.

Last edited:

porthole

Retired
If your thermostat is wrong you need to make sure that the t-stat you get is made for a heat strip. Heat pump t-stats will not work with my heat strips (Dometic).

Duane
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Snaredrum

I would also be sure that your TH has heat strips on both units. I have a 2015 4100 King and only the garage has heat strips. Also, I would have to look at mine but I think mine says heat strip not heat pump. Could be wrong. Congratulations Clay.

TX_Clay

I'd call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. Ask them which thermostat you're supposed to have to operate the heat strips.

I called and spoke with Greg Flint @ HL. He e-mailed me the manual for the T-Stat I am supposed to have and answered several of my questions that I had. I even had a question as to why my awning on the back half was mounted above the drip line and wouldn't that be a problem. He went out on the floor to look at one and then and called me back with a very satisfactory answer. Very impressed.