New Transporter Truck

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
PMM.. All that's left is to plumb the fuel lines.

Mike then you take out a second mortgage to fill them up. :)

Twice a week :(

With approximatly what you will spend in the next year feeding yer shiney new Volvo 780....... I could pay off my house:eek: With what I spend on fuel it would take me a year and a half to pay off the house. With what Rigmover pays for CAT food up north to feed that thirsty kitty it would take prolly about 4 months N/K

Cheers

CrazyScotsman

I'm hoping this Volvo gets good fuel mileage, I know the 770 I had constantly was in the 7's, not bad for 500 ponies, the KW 900L I had at same time as the 770, was set up exactly the same as the Volvo, same motor, rear ends and tranny, and you were lucky if you got 5 mpg.So with this new one @ 535 HP hooked to the Volvo ishift, I hope I get good fuel mileage.

pmmjarrett

I'm hoping this Volvo gets good fuel mileage, I know the 770 I had constantly was in the 7's, not bad for 500 ponies, the KW 900L I had at same time as the 770, was set up exactly the same as the Volvo, same motor, rear ends and tranny, and you were lucky if you got 5 mpg.So with this new one @ 535 HP hooked to the Volvo ishift, I hope I get good fuel mileage.

I think you'll be alright with the pedigree VW It's a combination that was engineered to work together. I always did well with my pedigree puppy dogs.

Havn't heard any bad on the Volvo engines exept when they first came out years ago and parts were hard to get.

irvin56

Been a while since the trucks been on road.

Hows It all working out for you?
have you been busy with the slow down?
Is another built in the works for bigger and better, or had enough of first one?

New to this forum. I found this thread mentioned on another forum. This has been a fascinating story to follow. I see it has been a few months since anything has been posted on this unit. Does anyone have an idea how it is working out? Is he doing well with it? Hate to see a good story without an ending here. There has been enough views of this, I'm sure that I'm not the only one who wants to see more of this.
My hat is off to him for his design, engineering and execution of this project.

jimtoo

Hi blacktruck,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and willing to share their knowledge if needed.

This thread is an old one.. he has started a new project at this location of the forum.

As you can see,,, he doesn't waste time.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

pmmjarrett

Hi Blacktruck,

This truck was wrecked March 29 2010, Insurance settled and I sold it as it was.... Wrecked. She was doing really well this year until some moron ran over it when she was parked.

See the new truck build here.

Re: New Transporter Truck,,,,,my opinion.....

Thanks for the update. I have since viewed the new truck build up, quite a task that was well thought out and executed. It is a shame to see what happened to your white truck. It proves that just because they are driving a truck that does not mean they are truck drivers. Too bad it happened. I hope that the insurance settled fairly. I'm currently overseas and looking at the different types of hauling that can accomplished with a smaller truck. You've put out a lot of good info here already. Thanks for sharing with all of us.