Newb looking for 1st 5th Wheel

rcs72

We are looking for our 1st 5th wheel. We want to get one with bunks or even quad bunks. Our TV is a 2008 Dodge 3500 SRW 4x4 Diesel w/3.73's. I'm pretty sure my max pin weight should be 1800-2000# if I did the math right. We looked at a Mountaineer 345DBQ that we really like the floor plan, but I'm sure is too heavy for our TV. Is there any Heartland 5th with similiar floorplans? I would like to error on the safe side when it comes to pin weight & trailer weight since I will be towing with 2 kids. My GVWR = 10100# & my GCWR = 21000#.

jimtoo

Hi rcs72,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share.

Check out the Heartland Big Country 3550TSL.

Hope you find what your looking for. Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
rcs72, welcome to the forum. I don't have an answer for you on if there is a Heartland product for you. Well, I take that back. All Heartland products are for you. But I do know that the only way to know how much pin weight you can handle, you must know the weight of your truck. Weigh it as you would travel with it. Full fuel, passengers and what ever else you will have with you. I also know that in the real world you will not get away with 1,800 to 2,000 pounds of pin weight. Having said all of that, many people are towing more with less.

Peace
Dave