Newbee, cannot find tire pressure plackard anywhere

SCPOSWRET

2018 Pioneer RL250, might be looking me right in the face, but, I cannot find the tire pressure data anywhere. All help appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

danemayer

Every tire has the max cold inflation pressure stamped into the sidewall. A flashlight may help.

SNOKING

Should be on drivers side near the front. With a bumper pull it might be on the tongue. When the manufacturer's recommendation is not available, then full sidewall pressure should be used. I all probability, the tires installed will require the max inflation. LRC 50 lbs, LRD 65 lbs or LRE 80 lbs.

SCPOSWRET

Every tire has the max cold inflation pressure stamped into the sidewall. A flashlight may help.

Thank you. I found the placard on the drivers side of the rig. Glad it wasn't a snake! I'm aware of the info on the tires, I was looking
for some more rig specific recommendation from the mfg so I could compare the two. I know that tire pressure is not exactly a perfect
science. I'll run 56-58 psi to see how that goes and even though the 'max' is 65 I've read too much about running at max 'just because'

thanks again for the tip.
I checked and tightened the lugs to 120fp per the common 30 60 90 mile new rig recommendations and I'm glad I did!

Drive Safe

Dave

Gaffer

Weigh your rig. Get the weight on each tire if possible. If your loaded weight is 80% or more of the tire rating, run at the max. Better max than not enough. More problems with under inflated than over.

Lynn1130

Weighing it good. Running under the recommended pressure is probably not a good idea. Under inflated tires generate more heat. The pressures on the tire and the trailer are there for a reason.

jerryjay11

Over inflation is just as damaging as under inflation. Under and you wear the tire outer edges more, while over you wear the middle of the tire tread.

I looked at my RL250 TT plate and my tires for pressure and since both tell me 50 PSI cold, I set my to 50 PSI cold. Did this with the last TT, the boat trailer, and MH, never had a wear problem. Never had a blow-out either. I figure someone at the TT factory or tire factory has done the research for me.

I say just stay within the recommended pressures your TT and tires markings.

SCPOSWRET

Over inflation is just as damaging as under inflation. Under and you wear the tire outer edges more, while over you wear the middle of the tire tread.

I looked at my RL250 TT plate and my tires for pressure and since both tell me 50 PSI cold, I set my to 50 PSI cold. Did this with the last TT, the boat trailer, and MH, never had a wear problem. Never had a blow-out either. I figure someone at the TT factory or tire factory has done the research for me.

I say just stay within the recommended pressures your TT and tires markings.

If I knew how to post a pic of the tire chart on the drivers forward side of my RL250 TT I would. It states 65psi cold.
My tires are ST205/75/R14D. The Max PSI stated on the actual tires themselves show 65psi cold.

My BIL who has been RVing forever says that few tire pressure measuring tools are exactly on the money
so he claims that whatever you put in may be off by as much as 2-8% either way. I think I'll go with
60 and keep an eye on it although I have an open mind for 65. Appreciated everyone's input.

jerryjay11

ST205/75/R14D" My tire are 295/75/R14 which would make the difference. But I wouldn't disregard your pressure gauge as I am using a pressure gauge that is may be 6 years old and comparing the tire pressure with my gauge and tire pressure monitor in my Silverado as well as the tire pressure my TT are at with my new TST tire monitor I am within a degree or two using my old gauge. So I would either trust your gauge or verify it by checking your tow vehicle or even compare with your neighbor's vehicle to see if and how much your pressure gauge is off rather than assuming.

But don't just walk over to your neighbor's vehicle to do this without letting know first. He might think you are trying to steal his tires.
:D

Lynn1130

Both my digital gauges are within a pound or two of the car and truck tire readouts. I don't think many digital gauges are that far off today. The old analog could be way off.

SCPOSWRET

ST205/75/R14D" My tire are 295/75/R14 which would make the difference. But I wouldn't disregard your pressure gauge as I am using a pressure gauge that is may be 6 years old and comparing the tire pressure with my gauge and tire pressure monitor in my Silverado as well as the tire pressure my TT are at with my new TST tire monitor I am within a degree or two using my old gauge. So I would either trust your gauge or verify it by checking your tow vehicle or even compare with your neighbor's vehicle to see if and how much your pressure gauge is off rather than assuming.

But don't just walk over to your neighbor's vehicle to do this without letting know first. He might think you are trying to steal his tires.
:D

Thanks again Jerry. I’ll keep them 60-62 cold to allow for expansion.

btw: pls advise what year your RL250 is.

As mentioned yesterday I rewired the OEM radio per your instructionand the speakers now work as designed, however, today after installing a 32’ TV in the LR area (did nothing more than plug into AC outlet and screw in coax, lifted up the over air antenna, and put red button in proper position) and everything is working fine, getting over 60 OTA channels, however, as strange as it sounds, while watching TV, the radio comes on whenever it wants to, as if possessed. I turn the radio back off and all is fine. About 10 min later, on comes the radio (or multi purpose device, whatever you want to call it nowadays.) in the FM mode playing like crazy. Any similar experiences or suggestions much appreciated.

jerryjay11

Again, I'd stick with the placard as it is already designed with the thought of tires heating while driving. It's all factored into the recommended tire pressure from the research I have done. As a matter of fact TST was at the Heartland Rally this week where I Won the raffle for a TST Tire Monitoring system and the rep stated that the tolerance is greater for higher pressure than lower so when setting up my monitor it will warn me when tire pressure drops to 45 and rises above 63 with my set pressure of 50 PSI. So the tolerances are 10% pressure drop and 20-25% pressure rise with a recommended high temperature set to 158 degs for all types of tires.

My RL250 is a 2018 and yes I have noticed the radio turn on by itself. I think it may be stray signals coming from other devices in area that have a strong signal. But it hasn't occurred for some time now. Haven't been able to determine where the stray signals are coming from.

P.S. If you look to the left of your screen at my info you'd see I own a 2018 Pioneer.

SCPOSWRET

Again, I'd stick with the placard as it is already designed with the thought of tires heating while driving. It's all factored into the recommended tire pressure from the research I have done. As a matter of fact TST was at the Heartland Rally this week where I Won the raffle for a TST Tire Monitoring system and the rep stated that the tolerance is greater for higher pressure than lower so when setting up my monitor it will warn me when tire pressure drops to 45 and rises above 63 with my set pressure of 50 PSI. So the tolerances are 10% pressure drop and 20-25% pressure rise with a recommended high temperature set to 158 degs for all types of tires.

My RL250 is a 2018 and yes I have noticed the radio turn on by itself. I think it may be stray signals coming from other devices in area that have a strong signal. But it hasn't occurred for some time now. Haven't been able to determine where the stray signals are coming from.

P.S. If you look to the left of your screen at my info you'd see I own a 2018 Pioneer.

Ok, great Tire info, I appreciate you passing that along. I see now the info on your rig at the left.

Since we have the same rig, I hope I have not worn out my welcome with questions, but if/when I
do, do not hesitate to let me know.

1) have you installed a TV in the bedroom just below the two coax outlets on the ceiling? If so,
what type of mounting arrangement did you come up with and do you have any pics and some
install instructions? and what size screen?

2) I've searched but cannot find a clear answer as to the grey / black handles on the drain release;

it appears (sort of) but is hard to tell, that the left side is grey and the right side is black, is this
correct or do I have it backwards and where did you find your answer?

again, I appreciate all your help.

Dave

RickL

First and foremost don’t trust any gauge, old or new, without checking the reading against a master gauge. (There are other ways to check, but the safest is against a master gauge) You should be able to go to any reputable tire dealer and find one. If not I would run and not look back.

Second, weighing each wheel position to determine the weight then allows you to set the correct pressure. Obviously this would be done as you would normally be loaded. You always use the highest pressure required out of the 2/4/6 tires. Do NOT vary the pressure side to side or per axle.

Next using a pressure/weight chart you can determine the correct pressure to utilize. Adjusting the pressure to weight makes sure you will have the correct footprint on the ground for traction. (Traction in tire terms relates more to braking then any other function) Also, having the correct pressure insures that the tire jounce is minimal. (Tire jounce is sidewall flex)

The pressure molded into the sidewall states the maximum weigh carrying capacity at the stated pressure. Increasing the pressure over the stated max NEVER increases the carrying capacity. Tire pressure is about having the correct pressure for the load.

Too little creates flexing which results in heat. Heat is the number one enemy of a tire. To much creates a smaller contact patch which can adversely affect your handling. Both low and high pressure can also lead to irregular wear patterns on the tire.

Finally, there will be a test in the morning!

mlpeloquin

You should look at the Load Inflation Table for your tires. You will find that the recommended pressure is for the full load that the trailer, truck, or car that you have is rated for. I have them for my fifth wheel tires, truck tires, and out car. That is how the manufactures get the pressure that is posted on the vehicles.

SCPOSWRET

You should look at the Load Inflation Table for your tires. You will find that the recommended pressure is for the full load that the trailer, truck, or car that you have is rated for. I have them for my fifth wheel tires, truck tires, and out car. That is how the manufactures get the pressure that is posted on the vehicles.
much thanks for the input.

jerryjay11

Ok, great Tire info, I appreciate you passing that along. I see now the info on your rig at the left.

Since we have the same rig, I hope I have not worn out my welcome with questions, but if/when I
do, do not hesitate to let me know.

1) have you installed a TV in the bedroom just below the two coax outlets on the ceiling? If so,
what type of mounting arrangement did you come up with and do you have any pics and some
install instructions? and what size screen?

2) I've searched but cannot find a clear answer as to the grey / black handles on the drain release;

it appears (sort of) but is hard to tell, that the left side is grey and the right side is black, is this
correct or do I have it backwards and where did you find your answer?

again, I appreciate all your help.

Dave

Haven't installed a TV in bedroom yet, but plan to soon. I can feel the vertical stud by flexing the wall where I plan to install a mount that can swivel so I can make adjustments for best image.

Your grey water is the forward (or left) handle. Black water is the aft (right). And no you won't find that out with Heartland's manuals.

More questions...No problem.