No Anode Rod?

danemayer

Suburban uses an anode rod. Atwood has a different tank material and doesn't use an anode rod.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Our 2012 Big Country had the Atwood Hot Water heater which we loved. Much easier to work with than the Suburban HW heater we have in our current coach. In the 15 months we have had the LM, we have had to change the anode 3 times. Bummer.

im_1406

Thank you! Guess my list of things to watch is now 1/millionth less. Seriously.....thanks for the info.

Crumgater

I'll add that 1/millionth item back on though... check your heating ELEMENT every few years. We do have an anode rod, which we keep in good form... and the ELEMENT was still pitted after 5 years of seasonal use (drained from Dec-May). We were having electrical issues, and it turned out the electric water heater was pulling way too many amps. New heating element, electrical issues fixed.

EPaulikonis

Wow...I have a 2015 Savannah and the first anode still looks reasonable after 1.5-seasons of use; we picked it up late in the 2014 camping season. I'll change the anode rod out this winter regardless. One thing I do to conserve the hot water system is turn off the water heater when we know it will not be used for some time. The system works great and water heats up to temp in ~15 min, so we turn it on prior to dinner so it's ready for dishwashing and evening showers. Morning is a little more difficult having to wait for water to get up to temp, but it's a trade I'm willing to make to have the system turned off overnight. Approach also minimizes electrical usage dramatically. Just an optional use method to consider.

Our 2012 Big Country had the Atwood Hot Water heater which we loved. Much easier to work with than the Suburban HW heater we have in our current coach. In the 15 months we have had the LM, we have had to change the anode 3 times. Bummer.