No gas getting to oven

Sophie425

We just bought a new 2024, and the suburban oven is not getting propane. The furnace works, and we can see a spark with the igniters, but don't smell propane. Brand new to all this, very frustrated. It's late, we are on our first trip and were going to cook, but not tonight. I have looked at all kinds of videos on oven operation, just don't know what we're missing. Thanks for any advice.

david-steph2018

Does the stove top work?
Try lighting the stove top and let it burn for a few minutes, then try lighting the oven. If needed use a lighter to see if it will light, to find out if gas is getting to the oven.

Sophie425

Thank you, but no, it's not in the slide out. We drove it (first trip) 8 hrs and I thought something might have jarred loose, but the furnace works. The stove and oven just don't seem to be getting propane.

RoadJunkie

I think that you are going to have to follow the gas line and try to locate and obvious issues. You may end up having to disconnect the gas line at the stove and determine if propane is making it through.

jumpinjoe

We just bought a new 2024, and the suburban oven is not getting propane. The furnace works, and we can see a spark with the igniters, but don't smell propane. Brand new to all this, very frustrated. It's late, we are on our first trip and were going to cook, but not tonight. I have looked at all kinds of videos on oven operation, just don't know what we're missing. Thanks for any advice.
Are you turning the knob to lite and pushing in on the knob?

Sophie425

Yes, we did. Then we watched videos to see if we were doing something wrong, but we didn't see anything different from what we were doing. The videos seem to all assume you have gas to the stove, they just say turn the propane on. Well, it's getting to the appliances, because the furnace is working.

Dahillbilly

Yes, we did. Then we watched videos to see if we were doing something wrong, but we didn't see anything different from what we were doing. The videos seem to all assume you have gas to the stove, they just say turn the propane on. Well, it's getting to the appliances, because the furnace is working.
could try to remove the drawer below oven if you have one & look for a shut off valve.

david-steph2018

The stove and oven just don't seem to be getting propane.
At the top is a tab "TOOLS". Under that you will find "HEARTLAND OWNERS MANUALS", then look for "APPLIANCES". Click on "RANGE/STOVE" then on "FURRION".
In the manual you will find an exploded view of the stove for location of the parts on the stove. Check the LP regulator on the stove.

Have you tried lighting the stove top using a lighter?

Texas Guy

So here’s my thought process, could the oven knobs been on when the propane was turned on? If so the valve could have been tripped leading to less pressure. Also the knobs have to be pressed in to activate gas flow.

david-steph2018

Yes, no luck. We don't even smell gas.
If you light off the water heater, will it start right now, not in the past attempts?
You may need to go out and close the valve on the propane bottle. Wait a few seconds, then SLOWLY open it. If opened too fast, it can cause the OPD valve to close for overflow protection.
If this does not help, you will need to look at the valve on the stove top.

Bogie

Since you are not getting any propane at all (smell test) when you turn on the burners, and the furnace is working that suggest a gas delivery problem at the stove itself. As these stoves are relatively simple in design, I can think of only two possibilities.

Either the supply line has been pinched and gas is not being delivered, or the small regulator where the supply line connects to the stove has failed. You should have a qualified technician (the dealer maybe??) take a look. They can crack open the line to verify if propane is getting to the stove. That should dictate the next step.

If it's the supply line, the repair is covered by the Heartland warranty and the dealer should repair it. If it's the regulator, the warranty is covered by the Suburban warranty. The dealer may be able to repair it, or it many need to be taken to an authorized Suburban repair location.

You can find authorized Suburban repair locations at this link. https://suburbanrv.com/service-support/service-locator/

As propane is highly flammable and explosive, you should leave these tasks to a qualified technician.