No local service

NYSUPstater

Bought our coach out of state because in state dealer didn't want to deal. Fine no problem. Noticed that we needed some warranty work done and just so happen that a "new" local dealer opened up shop recently that handled our brand/line. Asked them about fixing the item and was told, "We cannot repair units that we didn't sell because we haven't received our repair license from NYS yet". Wait a minute. How can a dealer sell units and BTW NYS requires a dealer to have a repair/inspection license to be in business. They go onto say "Come back in a month or so". Asked a buddy of mine who works for another RV dealer and he said this is hogwash, they just don't want to work on yours because you didn't buy it from them. Bet they will tell you the same thing in 3 months. So if you live in another state and passing thru or staying and develop a problem, this dealer won't help you.

Now, the dealer who I orig was talking to about buying from also opened up a shop across the street from other one mentioned above who handles the sister lines took a look at our rig, did a temp fix and we scheduled a more perm fix at their sister location cuz local shop not set up for any major repairs. Take coach to sister shop who does the repairs (2 of 3 for now). We pick it up (battery dead) and next day discover that the 2 fantastic fans were on and on "high", both front closet doors open and not latched (both the fans were off and doors latched when dropped off). PLUS the bedroom door won't shut/misaligned. This door is part of the slide and appears that door was closed and they started to bring slide in and pushed the door jam in because there is 1 heckofa difference in amount of trim/paneling/wall showing from top to bottom on jam side. Called and left a msg w/ repairing dealer to make them aware that this WILL have to be taken care of when I bring back for 3rd warranty item.

Will take some pics and e-mail to HL to make them aware as well.

Local dealer who didn't want to fix: Meyer's RV.
Local dealer who did look and sister shop: Wilken's RV