No power to trailer from 12V Battery MPG 180

Dante01

Hello everyone. This is my first RV trailer that I bought last week. The first owner of the trailer was a solder and he wasn't here to give me information about the trailer, and I am very new to RV trailers, but I am a handyman. So I replace the old battery with a new 12v deep cycle RV battery, but there is no power to the trailer at all. I even removed the power cut switch and still no power. Is this trailer have a fuse or some thing that I cannot find? Or do you guys have a suggestion the tell me where to look?

Tomorrow, I will fallow the red+ cable all the way to power box (a mess of not labeled cable in it) to see if I am getting power to the box.

Even this is my first RV, I think this is not a well built RV. From the cheapo furniture to cable management, I can see they just drew stuff together to make an okay (like somebody build it in their backyard) leaveable RV. They don't even have a clear user book for their RV.

danemayer

Hi Dante01,

On many models, there is a 12V DC mini-circuit breaker between battery and fuse box/power converter. If it trips, the battery power won't get to the fuse box and output from the power converter won't be able to keep the battery charged.

I've attached a picture of a breaker. It's usually near the battery, perhaps on a buss-bar with several breakers. The reset button is teeny-tiny and can be hard to see.

Attachments

• circuit breaker reset.jpg
    circuit breaker reset.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 35

Dante01

Helle Danemayer, and thank you for quick replay.
Yes, I saw these breakers. There were two of them. I didn't know what they were for. The picture you send and information really helped me. I am sure the problem is from circuit breaker. I will replace them and share the resold here soon.

danemayer

Helle Danemayer, and thank you for quick replay.
Yes, I saw these breakers. There were two of them. I didn't know what they were for. The picture you send and information really helped me. I am sure the problem is from circuit breaker. I will replace them and share the resold here soon.

You may not need to replace them. Try the reset button. If plugged into shore power, when you reset the breaker, the DC voltage at the battery will probably jump up from 12+ to 13+ V.

Dante01

Ok. I will try to find reset button and reset them. Does it have to be plug in shore power, or can I do it while parked?

danemayer

Ok. I will try to find reset button and reset them. Does it have to be plug in shore power, or can I do it while parked?

You can press the reset button without shore power. If that's the problem, and the battery is charged, your interior lights should work after resetting. You may find that there's only one breaker with a reset button. The other will likely be an auto-reset type.

Dante01

The problem was on circuit breaker. Reset button did not helped, so I removed it and made strait cable to rv to test it, and it worked. I ordered new one to replace it.