No satellite connection inside living room

Oldelevatorman

Brand new Landmark 365 Newport. Many issues but the most curious is how to hook up our portable satellite dish. Ran cable from UDC to satellite. However inside there is no where to connect satellite box. We don't even have a wall plate marked satellite like shown in owners manual. We do have one in bedroom. Has anyone discovered similar issue or are we missing something? We have incoming cable and antenna coax going thru a splitter to tvs. Manual shows we should have an empty connector to run coax from to satellite box? Could they really have forgotten to install? IMG_0182.jpg

Oldelevatorman

Thank you for the response we did read that but we do not have a coax connector on a wallplate that is open to be used to connect to receiver. In the picture in the manual you can see one wall plate that is used for the antenna/cable connection ( that goes to splitter) and we have that but nothing else. We do not have the bottom wallplate with an open connector.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
A quick look at your picture and I think you are wired incorrectly. On the plate with 2 coax connectors the bottom is your CABLE TV supply and the top should be your SATELLITE feed/supply. Your splitter is feeding your SAT supply and that should be disconnected. Your splitter should feed your living room TV and your bedroom TV I believe.

So, here is what I what try, bottom of double tap plate to splitter IN, then one line to splitter OUT line to TV. Second splitter line out to bedroom TV. There should be a feed to bedroom TV up in the cabinet where you took the picture. Then run line from top tap of double coax plate to your satellite box and then feed your TV from your satellite box, either HDMI or RCA.

Hopefully this helps you.

- - - Updated - - -

A quick look at your picture and I think you are wired incorrectly. On the plate with 2 coax connectors the bottom is your CABLE TV supply and the top should be your SATELLITE feed/supply. Your splitter is feeding your SAT supply and that should be disconnected. Your splitter should feed your living room TV and your bedroom TV I believe.

So, here is what I what try, bottom of double tap plate to splitter IN, then one line to splitter OUT line to TV. Second splitter line out to bedroom TV. There should be a feed to bedroom TV up in the cabinet where you took the picture.

Hopefully this helps you.

danemayer

The purpose of the splitter is to send the antenna/cable signal to an outside TV. Last fall, the LM 365 dropped the outside TV that was to the rear of the entry door in favor of a basement TV on a slide out mount. They may have changed that arrangement again since the fall. But my point is that I'm not sure how the splitter is used now.

So you might check out whether the coax connection where the splitter output is connected is actually the satellite connection.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
This is in a Big Country, but Tony labeled ours:

0d9045c92213cf3250021a1b6d51c2d7.jpg

The splitter is for the radio antenna and for the cable/antenna reception.

Edit: Landmarks don't have radios, so maybe it's an error to even have that splitter? Regardless, it probably should not be fed back to the top connection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oldelevatorman

There is no other coax connection in cabinet in living room.
Bedroom TV has its own in bedroom cabinet labeled satellite
so we only have a total of two in Living Room. Got satellite in
living room to work by putting directly to receiver
thru window. Tomorrow will try your suggestions
and see if it works. Also to see if connections in
UDC work. Have been unable to get bedroom
to work. It has it's own receiver as our
Pathway X2 portable satellite supports two receivers.

Garypowell

Another way to handle this is to go a big box store and buy a 'tuner" or tracer.....hook one end up in the udc and then see where the tone shows up.....labeled or not....that's your satellite connection.

Oldelevatorman

I took suggestions and it was the top connector that was incoming satellite. We disconnected the feed from splitter that was going to it. So far no effects noted
it took all day to get two new Dish Wally receivers to download. Dish said to run directly from outside thru window as hard for all the software to download and go thru connections. Also our Pathway X2 has two ports. Tech support at Dish says second port less capable to download SO used primary port on Pathway and direct feed thru window to set up both receivers. It did take hours despite that. But all good now.

Mark-Roberta 051995

Brand new Landmark 365 Newport. Many issues but the most curious is how to hook up our portable satellite dish. Ran cable from UDC to satellite. However inside there is no where to connect satellite box. We don't even have a wall plate marked satellite like shown in owners manual. We do have one in bedroom. Has anyone discovered similar issue or are we missing something? We have incoming cable and antenna coax going thru a splitter to tvs. Manual shows we should have an empty connector to run coax from to satellite box? Could they really have forgotten to install? View attachment 50968

We have the exact same issue on ours. We have a 2017 LM 365 Charleston and your photo is exact to ours. What I found out this past weekend is the top cable is for antenna as it then gets split. The one cable leaving the splitter goes to the TV in the living room (Grey cable) and the second one (white) goes to the basement TV. I tried hooking the satellite box to the top cable - NO GOOD, I then tried hooking up to the bottom and NO GOOD.

JMP

I just purchased the Pathway X2 and trying to install into my RW427 using the Cyclone/RW colored diagram dated 7/25/17. I tested the X2 by connecting the Wally receiver directly to the dish and it passed the satellite signal test, taking me directly to activation. However, when I connect the dish to the orange line (which is the far left connection in the UDC) and the Wally receiver to the bottom connection (below the CATV connection) behind the main TV, the test fails. I'm guessing the orange UDC line to the SAT line behind the TV is connected to a splitter, which would account for not having a direct line from the Wally receiver to the satellite dish. Thoughts on next steps are appreciated.

JMP

I just purchased the Pathway X2 and trying to install into my RW427 using the Cyclone/RW colored diagram dated 7/25/17. I tested the X2 by connecting the Wally receiver directly to the dish and it passed the satellite signal test, taking me directly to activation. However, when I connect the dish to the orange line (which is the far left connection in the UDC) and the Wally receiver to the bottom connection (below the CATV connection) behind the main TV, the test fails. I'm guessing the orange UDC line to the SAT line behind the TV is connected to a splitter, which would account for not having a direct line from the Wally receiver to the satellite dish. Thoughts on next steps are appreciated.

I'm updating my post with additional information for the community to try and help me resolve my satellite connection issue.

According to the colored diagram dated 7/25/17, I should be connecting the X2 receiver to the first satellite connection (looking at UDC from left to right) in the UDC (color orange). Likewise, I should be connecting the Wally receiver to an orange line behind the TV (the connection below the CATV).

I loosened up the main TV a bit to get behind it to unscrew the CATV and SAT connection cover so I can the color of those two lines. The CATV line color is black (top), and the SAT line is gray (bottom). Since the bottom line is gray and second UDC connection (looking at UDC from left to right) is gray, perhaps this is a direct line to the main TV for direct SAT connectivity. Connections 3 and 4 are both black. (looking at UDC from left to right).

Connectivity test failed. Thoughts on next steps are appreciated.

Mark-Roberta 051995

All 4 of my Coax cables in the UDC are white. The 2 that are suppose to be for the roof top connection have a red piece of tape 6 inches from the connection in the UDC (behind the wall). My bedroom definitely goes to the bedroom as it worked first time when hooking up. My living room is another issue. I have posted in early comments on this thread but to no luck in resolving my issue. I have spoken with Heartland numerous times and they have sent me the same colored diagram. I marked it up and sent it back to them with a response of: "Are you going to rewire it or bring it to the dealer"

My next steps will be the following:
1. Take all items out of my belly box
2. Take all walls down so I can see where the Coax from the UDC go to
3. Pull the underbelly down in the area of suspected path of the COAX
4. Try to fish / push / pull the RG-6 Coax cable up through the wall on the living room slide
a.) How do I remove the TV from the wall - no chain, rope to pull on
b.) What is behind the left side shelving units - since there are screws showing
IMG_3290.JPG explanation of cable.jpg

Thanks to everyone's help and hopefully this weekend I can get this resolved.

Mark

Attachments

• LM 365 COAX ISSUE.xlsx
    1.7 MB · Views: 20

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
The easy way to trace the cables is to get a cheap cable circuit continuity tester from Amazon or one of the big box stores. You hook the main component to one end of the cables and hook the included color code end caps to the other end. when you get matching colors, you know which line is which.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SNOKING

Check all connections for tightness. Behind wall plates behind the UDC and inside the frame where cables come out to the slide. You carefully pull out the cable through the whole in the frame I-beam and you will find barrel connectors. Also do not assume that the cables are on the right position on the back side of the UDC. You might have to also look for shorted cables. Some times the installer gets a strand or two of the shield wrapped around the center conductor. You can see this if you carefully inspect the connector visually. An Ohm meter would help also when looking for shorts.

Chris

Mark-Roberta 051995

I just received an email from Heartland and they told me that the black wire coming out of the splitter (in my photo) and going back into the wall plate is my Coax for satellite in.

SNOKING

I just received an email from Heartland and they told me that the black wire coming out of the splitter (in my photo) and going back into the wall plate is my Coax for satellite in.

You usually do not want an old school splitter in a Sat line!

Chris

Mark-Roberta 051995

Well, after 4 hours of taking everything out of my belly box, taking down the belly box walls that reveals the monstrosity of wires and cables and undoing the underbelly along the edge so I could see the exposed wires running back to the living room slide - I found the coax for my satellite. It comes in from the UDC as it should. Behind the wall it gets split - 1 goes to the basement TV and the other heads back towards the living room slide. I traced the basement TV to where the TV is - all is good there. I then traced and followed the cable going to the rear. I undid the belly lining and there it was - yup - the problem. The coax from the front of the coach and the coax in the slide was - well - ahhh - not connected to each other, imagine that. Why would they not run one continuous coax from the front of the coach to the living room slide? Still boggles my mind on that one. I hooked them together and secured then tightly. I hooked my satellite box in, turned everything on - I have satellite TV to watch. A very successful day.

I sent Heartland a love letter and told them about my experience and submitted my bill for my efforts. I know I won't get anything but it will get their attention. It has been going on for 3 1/2 weeks now (since we owned it) and I kept telling them something was not correct.

Everyone have a great day.

Mark

SNOKING

You could have left it with a dealer for 3 or 4 weeks and not seen the same results!!!!!! And maybe found a couple storage lot dings!!!!! Good Job. Chris

All 4 of my Coax cables in the UDC are white. The 2 that are suppose to be for the roof top connection have a red piece of tape 6 inches from the connection in the UDC (behind the wall). My bedroom definitely goes to the bedroom as it worked first time when hooking up. My living room is another issue. I have posted in early comments on this thread but to no luck in resolving my issue. I have spoken with Heartland numerous times and they have sent me the same colored diagram. I marked it up and sent it back to them with a response of: "Are you going to rewire it or bring it to the dealer"

My next steps will be the following:
1. Take all items out of my belly box
2. Take all walls down so I can see where the Coax from the UDC go to
3. Pull the underbelly down in the area of suspected path of the COAX
4. Try to fish / push / pull the RG-6 Coax cable up through the wall on the living room slide
a.) How do I remove the TV from the wall - no chain, rope to pull on
b.) What is behind the left side shelving units - since there are screws showing
View attachment 54593 View attachment 54594

Thanks to everyone's help and hopefully this weekend I can get this resolved.

Mark
We seem to be in a similar situation. 2017 Charleston 365 with the same wiring as the pic you posted. So does this mean we need to take everything apart to resolve and get satellite? Also similar, we have a 2015 RAM dually crew cab (white) with an Andersen hitch.
Harry