No water from fresh tank

RandyT

Hi everyone, this is my first post, so hopefully I can get this problem figured out. My father in law gave me his 2006 Landmark to use at my deer camp, and I can't get any water pressure to build, or see any water moving through the system. I'm showing 2/3 on the monitor for my fresh tank, and the water pump is definitely coming on. I have very little, to no flow at the faucets, and the shower just sputters and spits a bit, but nothing else. There are 2 manifolds in the UCD, and it looks like all valves are open. I crawled into the sub floor area, and found the pump, and water heater bypass valves while trying to figure it out. While poking around, I found a section of water hose that was hooked into the water system, but it was open ended, and had vacuum when the water pump was on. Does anyone have any ideas? Before I picked up the trailer, it was hooked up to city water, and everything worked. I can't see anything obvious that I've overlooked, so any advice would be great. Thanks in advance.

jimtoo

Hi RandyT,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

You don't say where the trailer is now,, so it can't be in the valley... cause there an't no deer down there. :)

But it sounds like you don't have the valves set correctly. Check out the Heartland owners guides , this is link to the water system, it covers just about everything in a general way and will most likely help with your problem. If you have a open hose with vacuum on it with pump running.. it sounds like it is in the winterize mode.

Let us know how it goes.

Jim M

danemayer

Hi RandyT,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

The hose you found that has suction is for drawing antifreeze into the pump when winterizing. The valve that controls that line is open and needs to be closed. Right now it's allowing air to be sucked in by the pump and there's not enough suction left to get water out of the tank.

Newer trailers have a lever in the UDC to operate the valve - don't know about a 2006. There may be a label on the cargo door or in the UDC that shows the correct position. Or if you trace that open line, you may be able to figure out the valves.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
In that year Landmark there are 4 valves which are right up against the basement wall on the off-door side- In order to use the water from the tank via the water pump you need to turn the first (from the left) and second (from the left) valves to the right (I think) so they are horizontal. With all 4 valves in the vertical position they are set to use the city water connection.

- - l l will let you use tank water
l l l l will left you use city water

There are two other settings 1 for winterizing and another for power draining the tank. Can remember off the top of my head what they are.

RandyT

Thanks for the welcome, and the help. I will crawl in there again next weekend, and get all the valves in the correct positions.