Fresh water tank sensors not working

I have a 2016 Heartland Bighorn 3010RE. I was filling our fresh water tank in preparation for dry camping. Once water came out of the overflows I quit filling. Initially the readout on the panel indicated the tank was full, but then the water level dropped to 2/3, then to 1/3, and eventually to E. I thought I had a water leak somewhere, but of course couldn't find one. Turned the water back on and quickly had water come out of the overflows again, so tank was clearly full even though it was reading empty. Any idea what would cause all my sensors to quit reading? I'm thinking a common wiring issue that would take out all the sensors (ground?). Thanks in advance for any insight!

Dahillbilly

If none of the sensor levels are showing anything then I'd guess a issue with the panel; if any of them are showing(lighting up) a level then I'd guess it's a sensor issue.

wdk450

The standard RV tank sensors (i.e. KIB systems) has been totally unreliable for years. but usually with the black and grey tanks, but also with the fresh water tank.
Here is a pricey, but reportedly a better, alternative which uses sensor strips mounted on the OUTSIDE of the tanks that senses inside tank :fluid levels using the principle of capacitance:

I have always wondered why the float/variable resistor fluid level gauge as successfully used in millions and millions of gasoline/diesel vehicle fuel tanks couldn't be adapted to RV tanks.

If none of the sensor levels are showing anything then I'd guess a issue with the panel; if any of them are showing(lighting up) a level then I'd guess it's a sensor issue.
Thanks for the response. Don't believe its the panel as everything else is working on it. Pulled the fuse for the monitor panel to see if that might "reset" it, but no luck. Also looked for loose wiring and did not find any on the back of the monitor panel. The only reading I get is E, none of the other sensors give me a readout. I wish it were only 1 sensor...

The standard RV tank sensors (i.e. KIB systems) has been totally unreliable for years. but usually with the black and grey tanks, but also with the fresh water tank.
Here is a pricey, but reportedly a better, alternative which uses sensor strips mounted on the OUTSIDE of the tanks that senses inside tank :fluid levels using the principle of capacitance:

I have always wondered why the float/variable resistor fluid level gauge as successfully used in millions and millions of gasoline/diesel vehicle fuel tanks couldn't be adapted to RV tanks.
Thanks Bill. I was aware of black and grey water tank issues (usually with dirty sensors) but was surprised when this happened to our fresh water tank. We're somewhat used to how much water we use when we dry-camp, so don't know that I would upgrade, but I'll keep it in mind.