No Water

I just bought a 4100HD Cyclone. I cannot get water into the unit. When the hose is attached and the valve is set at normal water doesnt go inside why? The only way I was able to get inside was to turn the valve to tank and fill holding tank and pump from it. Is that how the valve works? Old camper you just screwed hose on and could get water at every outlet. It is a 2013 model just purchased on Aug 10th. I would appreciate any help,thank in advance.

jimtoo

Hi johnnybenson1,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I don't have one of the newer models with the, I think, 3 way valve like yours. You should be able to hook directly to the park service. I'm sure some of our other members will jump in with help soon.
When you did your PDI the dealer did not have water hooked up and explain all about the system? Keep us informed as to the fix.

Enjoy the forum and your new Cyclone.

Jim M

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
From the Anderson Website:

[h=4]Four Positions, Four Functions[/h]

1. City – Pressure feed fixtures from
    3/4" hose connection on backflow preventer.
  2. Normal – Pump from the on-board tank to the fixtures using
    on-board pump.
  3. Tank – Pressure fill the tank from 3/4" hose connection at
    backflow preventer. 100 gallons
    in 7 minutes.
  4. Sanitize/Winterize – Draw in sanitizers and winterizing
    fluids from a bucket utilizing the
    on-board pump.

So it appears you should set it to the "City" position.

57chevyconvt

Just a suggestion to add to your list of item to look at during the trouble shooting process. Remove the plastic valve handles on the 3-way valves to see if the valve handle is actually rotating the valve stem. I had this problem and had to replace the two 3-way valves with an Apollo brand of valve with metal handles to cure the problem.