Norcold N611v locked out on L.P. but now working

Albertg

Found frig. not cooling, ice melting in freezer. The amber light was on, no fault code or red light. I turned the unit off and then back on and it fired up. I hooked up to AC power and the green light came on and it started cooling on AC. I unplugged the power and it wouldn't fire up on L.P. I wiggled the spades on the gas valve to expose the leads so I could check for power, when I turned it on it fired up. It seems to be working but I pulled the electrode and burner out and cleaned them up. There was some scale on the burner that I removed. It seems to work now but I'm concerned as we are leaving for a two week trip at the end of the month. Could there be an intermittent failure on the gas valve or power board? Or when they fail they fail. Its hard to trouble shoot when its working.
Thanks
Al

Dahillbilly

I'd check all the connections for tightness & since you cleaned the ignitor etc; just leave it on LP for a few days & see if it works

Hollandt

Found frig. not cooling, ice melting in freezer. The amber light was on, no fault code or red light. I turned the unit off and then back on and it fired up. I hooked up to AC power and the green light came on and it started cooling on AC. I unplugged the power and it wouldn't fire up on L.P. I wiggled the spades on the gas valve to expose the leads so I could check for power, when I turned it on it fired up. It seems to be working but I pulled the electrode and burner out and cleaned them up. There was some scale on the burner that I removed. It seems to work now but I'm concerned as we are leaving for a two week trip at the end of the month. Could there be an intermittent failure on the gas valve or power board? Or when they fail they fail. Its hard to trouble shoot when its working.
Thanks
Al
I have had issues with spiders building nest inside the gas burner. Sometimes it will not or is very difficult to light until I blow out the chamber with compressed air.

wdk450

Well you could "stress test" the electronics board and electrical connections by driving a few miles on a washboard dirt road.
If you want to monitor your refrig from the truck, people have been able to make some of the wireless temperature readouts like the one below readout in the truck while travelling.