Norcold refridgerator

Has anyone had a problem with a Norcold refer, 2017 and codes up as L1 op. My husband tried the magnet trick he saw on u tube, but it didn't stay working.

Any help would be grateful

danemayer

I think the Li OP code means the high temperature limit switch is open. Assuming the refrigerator was working well up to that point, I'd suggest you check the fan operation along with checking for anything that might be obstructing airflow on the back of the unit. If you can't reset the switch, you may have to replace it.

BGMike

I had the same issue with my 2015 Big Horn with a Norcold Refer. Did the Magnet trick and it's working great. I had to remove the box and pry it open to get my magnet close enough to do the trick. There was a very audible Click and it took off when I hooked up the power. Saved me a couple hundred dollars. Thanks User Forum!
Mike
Oregon

SHerrick

I am getting the oP L1 error code.... what is the "magnet trick" you are referring to?

I had the same issue with my 2015 Big Horn with a Norcold Refer. Did the Magnet trick and it's working great. I had to remove the box and pry it open to get my magnet close enough to do the trick. There was a very audible Click and it took off when I hooked up the power. Saved me a couple hundred dollars. Thanks User Forum!
Mike
Oregon

SHerrick

Stopped at a Blue Beacon and had the Bighorn washed. they did a great job but when we got to the campground the fridge was showing the L1 op code. After doing some reading it was pretty clear the sensor got wet during the wash. I followed these instructions (https://heartlandowners.org/showthr...es-refrigerator-high-temperature-limit-switch), and they worked like a charm.

Good luck.

Thank you all! After a reset and observing operation for 18 hours, I can say that the problem was almost assuredly moisture from the torrential, sometimes horizontal, rain we have been experiencing here in southern Georgia!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk