Not a Happy camper!

GMCaddic

Well to start off the dealer ship is great.
Legacy RV
SLC, UT

Took our trailer in for some warranty issues and some add on.s to the trailer no problems.
The generator was the main concern, It ran fine for about 5 minutes then it started to fluctuate even under load.
Legacy check it out then called me and said it needs to go over to Cummins Intermountain It is still under warranty
I said no problem get it done please . So they made an appointment for it. Well five days later Legacy call me up and said we have good news and bad.:mad:
Well the good news is the gen is covered under the warrant and is fix. The bad news is they Dropped your trailer when they were pulling it out of they bay.

Well long story short Legacy said it will be fixed. I went over there and took pics of the landing gear could not get in the trailer because I had no Keys at the time dang it.
My biggest concern is the longevity of the trailer am i going to have issues down the road I don't know how hard the trailer hit the ground. Legacy sent there head
tech over and said the landing gear will need to be replaced everything else looks good. I am still leery about the trailer , I guess I just need opinions Thanks
Our insurance company said any issues in the future with the trailer will be cummins problem for now on as long as its signed that way.

i

Attachments

• IMG_2082.JPG
    IMG_2082.JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_2081.JPG
    IMG_2081.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_2080.JPG
    IMG_2080.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 212

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
The damage does look very fixable. One of our members had his dropped resulting in much worse damage and had it repaired. Of course it's hard to see hidden damage. Hopefully, your RV Center will do a very thorough inspection and get everything up to like new.

Bones

Can we start a trailer drop club. Ha ha.

It looks like they were moving when they had their mishap. I had significant damage to all of the mounting locations on the frame. They had to take everything apart cut off the frame mounts and weld on new ones. The DW and I are having a few issues from the drop but we have no way of proving it. I'm doing what I can to realign the main slide. Our tub area is loose so It is on the list to be torn apart and repaired and The sink was damaged but it was replaced by me with parts from heartland. I did force them to have lippert come out and certify the frame just incase and I did have Heartland involved as well. The landing gear they said were replace but showed signs of being rebuilt and appear to be tearing themselves apart so I may have to replace them with better ones. I wish you the best of luck and I am very sorry that you have to deal with this. Ciao

0129151133d.jpg0129151134.jpg0129151133c.jpg0129151133b.jpg0129151133.jpg

gasman

Camp Socializer
We purchased our coach from Legacy RV also. They have been great to work with. One of their service techs(Mike) is awesome. If you can get him, you have no need to worry. Not saying the others aren't good but we have had great experiences with him. Check the slide operations, the baggage doors, window operations and the landing gear operation to make sure everything seems to function correctly and without binding.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I would just get it well documented by the dealer, so if any problems are revealed later it will be on record.

BTW, bring it to the Glendale Rally in September and you can get any number of free visual assessments. Sites are currently still available at Park #2.

https://heartlandowners.org/showthr...le-9-27-2016-to-10-2-2016?p=425134#post425134

For this rally, it would also require joining the owners club
Trace

Last edited:

arisce

I agree with roadjunkie. Had a similar thing happened and got an independent look at it. Paid for it on the spot-happened while travelling-and when I got back had the dealer look at it. They said that the job was well donned and there was no structural damage. It has been fine since-2 years ago. My trailer was an 06 bighorn therefore out of warranty.

RoadJunkie

Another option is to get your insurance to repair the problem and let them negotiate the reimbursement from Cummins. That way, if during the repairs, more--hidden--problems arise you are not stuck trying to convince Cummins that the problem is real. Since it is "No Fault" on your end, your insurance rates will likely not be affected.

GMCaddic

Well now to close this thread.
I picked up our trailer yesterday everything looks good. My wife and I did a PDI a couple of days ago and made sure it was in writing that any issues in the future that pertain with the trailer
being dropped is on Cummins .

Bones

Good. Now just make sure you use it a lot this season as well as running the landing gear up and down

macjj

Maybe a good time to upgrade goal 6 pt hydraulic leveling system

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk