Now in Elkhart just down the road from Heartland

Bob Vaughn

After more than 10,000 miles of driving we are in Elkhart. Just down the road from Heartland. If I pay a visit what can I expect? I want to go to one of the factory tours but do not know if I need to call ahead to get on a list. I was expecting rv parts stores and rv dealers on every corner. But have not found that......:cool:

Kbvols

If you have time go to RV hall of fame it's kind of cool to see RV progression thru different era's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

porthole

Retired
There are two RV surplus stores in Elkhart and a newer type retail near those two, don't remember the name though.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
RV Parts Nation is one if the surplus stores in Elkhart, out by the tollway.

jbeletti

Hey Bob - welcome to Elkhart. Wish I was there, I love giving tours.

Call 574-262-5992 to inquire about tour days and times.

happykraut

Bontragers is good and there is another one in that area. Ask at Bontragers and they will give you their name and directions. I was not impressed with RV Parts Nation. Have checked them out several times now.

Bob Vaughn

We are camped just down the road from RV parts Nation....I was not impressed there were more empty shelves than shelves that had stock on them. I went for a sewer hose and the only thing they had was one with no fittings......Camping World closed but has never been removed from the camping world web site....Tomorrow afternoon we go to the factory for the tour......

porthole

Retired
Bob, look for the two surplus stores, they are a flea market of RV stuff.
And a great place to stock up on all those special RV screws.

Both RV stores are within a couple of blocks on 19, aka Bristol St, 1626 Bristol and Bristol & Highland corner. Although, I am not sure if the the store at the corner of Bristol and Highland is till open.
The one at 1626 has a small showroom on the street side and a large warehouse in the back you can walk around.

And, the RV museum is a must if you are into RVing.