Nutha newbie

JoeCamper

Hey y'all! I currently pull a SOB ( Some Other Brand) and have been looking for the perfect retirement camper. I believe in overkill and want a 4 season camper, even if I don't go full time. I have been looking at Landmarks and Mobile Suites on-line. Yesterday, we saw the 2012 Landmark Key Largo at the Jacksonville RV show. That's the one we want! What a well built camper! I knew they were good, but until you see one up close; you cannot fully appreciate it. We are not sure if we can swing the cost of it just now, but we are checking. We may have to wait another year, so I'll be lurking and learning!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hey JoeCamper, welcome to the forum. This is a great place. There is a ton of information available from our members who are all willing to share.
I think you are making the right choice on the Key Largo. Nice rig.

Peace
Dave

jbeletti

Hi JoeCamper,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. The Mobile Suites and the Landmark are both great RVs. Of course, I'm a bit biased towards the Landmark :) As you continue your research, please reach out to the 14,000 members of this community on questions you may have. When it's time to make your purchase, you'll do so with eyes-wide-open, knowing what each RV on your short list is and is not.

Finally, as a club member, I will use my benefit to personally invite you to the Heartland Owners Rally in Georgia this March. It wil be held at Twin Oaks, south of Perry, near Elko, just off I75. There, you'll get a good sense of our products, our owners and our club. Bring the SOB and have some fun!

Jim

danemayer

4 season camper
We've had our 2011 Landmark Rushmore at the Tiger Run Resort in Breckenridge, CO for 2 extended ski trips (5 weeks last year and 6 weeks this year). Overnight temps last year were generally below zero and as low as -30. This year was milder but we had a couple of nights between -10 and -15. We've been through snowfall of 5 feet in one week (last year), and wind gusts over 80mph this year.

The Rushmore is quite comfortable, even at these low temps and extreme conditions. We don't have skirting, but have added lights and heat tape here and there, along with the tank heater option and the fireplace option.

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
Welcome to the forum! We have a 2011 Key Largo and LOVE it! Hope you take Jim up on his offer to join us at the Elko rally in March!

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
JoeCamper, welcome aboard. I own a Key Largo as the KL numbers here on this forum are growing. If you have any questions or would like to know anything about it, let me know. I or someone else will be happy to give you the what answers we have. The KL is a great choice; and as I live full Time in it, one that is fully equipped to have all one would ever need.

JJOren

Hiya Joe Camper!

Welcome aboard! We have a Landmark MESA and absolutely love it. We aren't full time in it yet but about as close as you can get. We live in it 85% of the time and couldn't be more comfortable!!!

We looked at the Mobile Suites as well but found that the Heartland products simply had a level of quality that couldn't be matched!! And for us, the MESA was our dream!

Make it work for you when you can. You'll never regret it!!!!

lorax

Welcome and lurk on! I have been here a short time and have learned much. Our Prowler is the fourth and best camper that we have had.
Ted

JoeCamper

Thanks for the welcome, y'all! One thing is certain, regardless of the WEB forum, campers are helpful and friendly. This WEB forum is no different!

mikeandconnie

Welcome Joe,
We have a house in North Georgia that we visit a few months a year. Our 2009 Landmark Pinhurst has been good to us as we travel across America. We call it home now. The 2012 Key Largo is a great floor plan has every thing we wish we had. 4 more weeks and our new home will be ready.

JoeCamper

Jim,
Thanks for the invite to the rally. I wish we could make it, but I have to work. At the end of the month, we always host a family reunion at our house. Hopefully, I'll join the Heartland family and make it to another rally.

Rodbuster

Good morning JoeCamper,

I also own a Key Largo, and I also enjoy it very much. It's my very first RV so I don't feel qualified enough to critique the pros and cons concerning different manufacturers. My wife and I did do alot of research before purchasing the Key Largo and we feel very confident that we made the right choice.

I will say this. During the course of our research we had the opportunity to visit and snoop around many RV forums and this by far, is the best one that I have come across.

JoeCamper, good luck to you no matter what you decide but you certainly won't go wrong dealing with Heartland products or people.

Dick

JoeCamper

Good morning JoeCamper,

I also own a Key Largo, and I also enjoy it very much. It's my very first RV so I don't feel qualified enough to critique the pros and cons concerning different manufacturers. My wife and I did do alot of research before purchasing the Key Largo and we feel very confident that we made the right choice.

I will say this. During the course of our research we had the opportunity to visit and snoop around many RV forums and this by far, is the best one that I have come across.

JoeCamper, good luck to you no matter what you decide but you certainly won't go wrong dealing with Heartland products or people.

Dick

Wow Rodbuster! First RV and you jumped in right at the top! Excellent research and decision! I think you did make the right choice. I see that you have the same truck as I do, except mine is a 4X2. Or is that 6X2? LOL! How does your truck pull the Key Largo? How about fuel mileage?
Thanks Rodbuster!