Out with the Blowmax / In with the G614's

Blue Oval

b74a66e168b0e8fe67538fcef7e43eab.jpg
here is my BLOWMAX DOING WHAT IT WAS DESIGNED TO DO! Thank goodness my camper suffered minor damage. Guy in the rv behind me said there were flames coming out from under the unit. Note to decide what to replace it with.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Bones

b74a66e168b0e8fe67538fcef7e43eab.jpg
here is my BLOWMAX DOING WHAT IT WAS DESIGNED TO DO! Thank goodness my camper suffered minor damage. Guy in the rv behind me said there were flames coming out from under the unit. Note to decide what to replace it with.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Ouch. I'm in the market my self for tires. I found a local place that will put on g614 for 1600 bucks. I haven't found a place that has the sailun tires or can get them yet. I'm debating if I should order tires online.

Just took ownership of a 2013 Gateway 3200rs and it has Powermax tires but looked great. I read all the threads on these tires from China and it brought back memories of the Marathons I ran on my travel trailer in 2006-07. Switched to Maxxis and no problems. However these are now made in China and I will not purchase them due to the reputation all Chinese tires have for blowouts. I just ordered four G614 235/85R16's for my Gateway at a cost of $1219 (includes tax and shipping) and should be at my doorstep in one week. Came from tireseasy.com. Anybody ordered from this company? Also, just got a 2015 Sierra 2500HD diesel and it towed the Gateway from Ft. Myers to Everglades City with ease. Looking forward to cross country trip this summer.

I cancelled the order for the Goodyear G614 from tires-easy.com. Ordered 4 Sailun 17.5" diameter from Trailer Tires and Wheels. All I have seen on the internet and this forum are good reviews for the Sailun tire. I went to a 215 instead of a 235 but I think I will have the same braking power, especially if they don't blow. Cost was a bit higher which included 4 new similar rims but I think I can recoup some cost on Craigs List.

Last edited: