Overhead lights and stove lighter do not work

GARVIS

My overhead lights and stove lighter do not work, I have checked all connections that I know of but havn't been able to fix problem.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum GARVIS. There is a ton of good information here.
Which overhead lights do not work, none or some of them?
As far as the stove lighter, remove the stove grate and lift up the top. Look for a wire that may have come loose from the switch or the sparker.
Get back to us.

Peace
Dave

wdk450

My overhead lights and stove lighter do not work, I have checked all connections that I know of but havn't been able to fix problem.

Garvis:
On the lights - I think I would start with the obvious and check the bulbs with an ohmmeter to see that they work. While I have the fixture open I would switch to DC volts mode and see if there is 12 volts DC present. Also check the 12 volt dc fuse panel for blown fuses. You could also check at the switch if there is 12 volts dc to ground.

On the sparker - This is just like a barbecue sparker - Banging a piezioelectric crystal makes a high voltage electrical pulse transferred by a wire to a spark gap to ground. The gap is typically 1/8 to 1/4 inch. The Amana stoves use one central flame ignition point with a lighting/gas tube leading to/from each of the burners. You should be able to see a spark at the gap. Darkening the trailer helps see this. The sparkers do wear out, and wires become disconnected. Most home improvement stores have a sparker repair/add-on kit in the Barbecue section.
It is almost as easy just to use a butane fire lighter device.

What part of California are you from?

GARVIS

Thanks for the info. However I found that I had not turned the ceiling light switch on. How dumb of me. My only excuse is, I have only owned this rv for two days. I will check the stove out tomorrow.