Pex hose

icechex

Over and over I hear Pex hose won't hold with radiator clamps - yet when my "PEX Clamps start leaking" I use radiator clamps without any problems. What's the deal?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I have never heard that PEX wont hold with a hose clamp and I don't see why it wouldn't.
Hose clamps might not be the best for that application, but they should work.
A PEX tool is best to tighten the clamps.

Peace
Dave

donr827

No experience but I was told the pex tubing is a harder material and easier for a hose clamp to leak. I stay as far away from plumbing as I can.
Don

JanAndBill

Over and over I hear Pex hose won't hold with radiator clamps - yet when my "PEX Clamps start leaking" I use radiator clamps without any problems. What's the deal?

I've never used radiator clamps, but I've heard of others who have. I just added a section of PEX in ours, the line is harder (more like pvc), and it fits looser on the fittings. Not saying that a radiator clamp wouldn't work but it would have to be a good one. I prefer to use the ratcheting tool with the SS cinch rings.

Dean-Pam

I've never used radiator clamps, but I've heard of others who have. I just added a section of PEX in ours, the line is harder (more like pvc), and it fits looser on the fittings. Not saying that a radiator clamp wouldn't work but it would have to be a good one. I prefer to use the ratcheting tool with the SS cinch rings.
x2. I used PEX when I redid some of my home plumbing, love the ease.