Pex question

Capt7383

We have a 2014 Big Country 3070re. I was told and I agree that I will experience some water leaks from supply lines. So I went out and bought a crimp tool. Apparently there are two different types of clamps and thus two different tools. I bought the one handed ratcheting pinch tool for 1/2 in. pinch clamps, as opposed to the bigger tool for 1/2 in. compression rings/clamps. I was told by the plumbing guy at Lowes that the pinch clamps were better. Not too late to return it did I buy the right tool? Both tools were made by "apollo"
Thanks in advance

jnbhobe

Heartland uses the chinch clamps so you got the right tool for your BC. The compression work better but not in an RV. You can also go over the ones already there and make sure they are tight. I got the same tool and a lot of Heartlanders have used it.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
majestic.. I think you confused the types. He stated the compression. I have the compression which works quite well on all my work. It is more expensive than the crimp type. The crimp type is less expensive and so are the clamps. In my opinion they both are capable of doing the job needed. I plan to get the crimp type sometime later to use on the existing ones being used by HL.

You should be in good shape don't worry..

BC

Majestic

Your right, i meant compression, i am replacing mine with brass and compression, just wondering if there was a functional difference

jnbhobe

Most plumbers around here use compression so they are more popular but the tools I have seen are large and hard to get into small places. The ratchet cinch tool is smaller and easy to use.

Capt7383

This is the tool and fasteners I hope its what I need. I too was thinking the smaller tool looks like the hot setup for tight spaces

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
umezu3u8.jpg
upu8y5e4.jpg

porthole

Retired
This is the tool and fasteners I hope its what I need. I too was thinking the smaller tool looks like the hot setup for tight spaces

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
umezu3u8.jpg
upu8y5e4.jpg

They work fine. That type is also easier to "un-do" as the clamp can be pried off as opposed to having to be cut.
Plumbers typically have a lot more room to work with then we do and the band type clamps are cheaper.

If you plan on carrying that, perhaps a bag of brass elbows and bag of straight brass connectors.