Picking up my new 2014 3010RE

Flyerone

We are supposed to take delivery of our new Bighorn 3010RE next Friday, the dealership is about 3 hours away. The salesman wants to Fedex me the paperwork and have me sign before arriving and doing the PDI, is this normal? I am very reluctant to sign anything until I have gone over the trailer from top top bottom.. I have printed out the PDI checklist that I located on this site and emailed it to the salesman but he said they will PDI it before I get there. Kind of new to this sort of thing.

danemayer

Hi Flyerone,

There are a number of documents you'll have to sign. One of the most important is the "acceptance form" that is you stating that everything is as it should be. You should not sign this document until everything is as it should be, or specific exceptions have been noted on the form. This is particularly true with regard to "cosmetic" issues. When they're waiting on your signature, the dealer is highly motivated to take care of everything.

kowAlski631

This will be your trailer & until you have done your own PDI & are ready to complete the purchase, don't sign anything. The PDI is too important to allow anyone but yourself to complete. No good dealer will pressure you to sign documents in advance or waive the PDI.

GOTTOYS

Salesman gets paid his commission when the "deal is done". Maybe there's a weekly bonus or spiff that he may not collect otherwise, too bad. Once you sign all the papers you own it. If it has damage or is missing something..oh well. I wouldn't sign anything. That guy has a lot of nerve trying to pull that..Don

57chevyconvt

I agree, do not sign before doing the PDI checklist. My dealer was also 3 hours away. We spent 2 days and one night in the BH on the dealers lot in order for me to complete my own PDI without the dealers folks standing over my shoulder. Fortunately we had selected a very honest dealer during the bid selection process. All items on my inspectin list were completed before I signed the final PDI and took possession of the trailer. Not that I didn't trust the dealer but that is way a good business transaction (contract) is brought to closure.

GlenStMary

We also live over three hours from the dealer where we purchased our Heartland 5w. Our dealer never asked us to sign anything until we had completely checked out the coach and were sure everything was working as it should. During the inspection we found a couple of issues and the dealer even provided us a motel room for the night so we could re-inspect the unit the next day prior to getting on the road back home. We purchased our Landmark from Dixie RV in Defuniak Springs, Florida and I would not hesitate to purchase from them again. I would not have signed anything, "sight unseen".