Pin Box and/or truck setup dilemma

Tundra2084

Well here it goes. The truck and trailer are in the signature and I have a Pro Series 16K slider hitch in the bed of the truck. I have done a lot of research in regards to pin box, air ride and truck set ups and have narrowed it down to three choices. I know what each of the pin boxes do but, am asking which would be the best. 1. Trail air tri-glide pin box.......2. 5th Air borne pin box........3. Mor Ryde pin box with Air Bags added to truck.
Ok fire away and let me know what each of you think and why.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Each has its good points and everyone has their own preference. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them based on what I have read here on the forum.

We have the Mor-Ryd and like it. We would have put air bags under the truck regardless of the pin box. They just make the truck ride so much smoother. That is important to us because of my back. LOng travel days are tough on everyone though.

good Luck. I'm sure some of those with more knowledge than me will chime in soon.

Kristy

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Mor/Ryde because of ride quality and price. Air bags for ride and keeping the whole mess level.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I have the standard 16K Reese hitch (non-slider) and changed to the 5th Airborne pin. Early on, I changed the bump stops on the rear axle to the Timbren suspension kit. I get a level ride and it's not rough on the back.

pegmikef

This is my first fifth wheel so I have no other experience. I asked my dealer (family owned operation) the same question and he said since I already had air bags on my dually, Mor Ryde would be the way to go. I am glad I did because the ride is great and I have had no problems. I have heard of "chucking" but have not experienced it.

teasac69

I know this thread is growing a beard but since it's still open, I thought I'd add my 2 cents to anyone still asking and shopping. I replaced my stock pin box on my 3875FB Big Horn with a Tri-Glide Trailair. It made a remarkable difference in the ride with this heavy beast. I can adjust the air bag on the pin box to accommodate the heavier loading and the chunking is virtually non existent. I know when comparing cost the Tri-Glide is a bit more but I like the two dimensional ride control it offers vrs the single of a couple other boxes. Really is a matter of taste and preference. I just know i could never go back to a conventional pin box now.