Pin Box for Big Horn 3570rs

We're getting our new Big Horn 3570rs in early March. Fully loaded it maxes out at 15500. We want to add a pin box that ensure as smooth a ride as possible. We have considered the 5th Airborne, Trail Air and Tri Glide Trail Air. We considered an air hitch but want to be able to pull the hitch out easily and already have the B&W hitch for the Ford under rail system. Comments?? What has worked well for you and what has not worked? I appreciate your input and experience.

Gary521

I have the Fifth Airborne and it works great. I think that the Trail Air will work just as well as it is the same principal. I like the Fifth Airborne as the air bag and shock are protected underneath the pin structure. I read a report before I bought mine where a guy tested both the Trail Air and Fifth Airborne on the same trailer. Both worked well. He felt that one damped shocks better in one directed and the other damped shocks better in the other direction. ( up and down and back and forth ). However, that was subjective. Before I got the Fifth Airborne, the ride was absolutely terrible. I went to Harbor Freight and got an inexpensive engine puller that folds up for storage. I use this to get the hitch out of the truck and back in. Probably takes 5 minutes.

jnbhobe

I have a Trail-air Tri-glide thats going to be for sale at the Goshen rally, Its has a new lower jaw. Trail-air and 5th airborne are both good, I think the tri-glide is the best for chucking.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Fifth Airborne is what we have and love it! No chucking or jaring hits over rough terrain and the stock pin box cover fits over it with little modification.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I replaced mine with the 5th Airborne and am very happy with it. Just so you know the OEM pin on most of the HL rigs is a Lippert 1621D.

Bobby A

I had the 5th Airborne and then got the Tri Glide at the last Goshen Rally, both work great, I couldn't pass up the Rally price for the tri glide though. Just my 2cents worth !!

Thanks to all for your input. We have ordered the 5th airborne and will see how it works. If need be we will upgrade to the tri glide trail air at a rally after testing the 5th airborne. hope to see you on the road in 9 and 1/2 months after we retire and go fulltime or in the finger lake,ny and adirondack area this June. Thanks again for your input on this query and for others I've posted in the last 6 months.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We like our 5th airborne, helped with chucking tremendously. Have not compared to others, but see no need to change.

We bought ours off Internet, but took to dealer for install (we didn't have tools or expertise to handle such an important part.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gary521

I'll throw in my 2 cents again. Bought 5th airborne on-line and installed myself. There are 4 bolts that you remove and reinstall. I did have a friend to help hold the thing as it is a bit heavy.

lwmcguir

We're getting our new Big Horn 3570rs in early March. Fully loaded it maxes out at 15500. We want to add a pin box that ensure as smooth a ride as possible. We have considered the 5th Airborne, Trail Air and Tri Glide Trail Air. We considered an air hitch but want to be able to pull the hitch out easily and already have the B&W hitch for the Ford under rail system. Comments?? What has worked well for you and what has not worked? I appreciate your input and experience.
Goose box or 5th Airborne. Both are great boxes.