Poor water pressure in Kitchen, bathroom tub and sink?

chiefneon

Howdy!

We have a 2014 Cyclone 4000 that we fulltime in and from the gitgo we have had poor water pressure in the kitchen sink, bathroon shower and lavatory sink. Recently went in for some warranty work and asked and its still no improvement in water pressure. I replaced the shower with a Oxygenics RV shower head with only a slite improvement. I'm guessing that there is some type of water restricter inside the RV somewhere that I don't kow about. Anyone have this type of problem and found a fix for it? Would apreciate any help.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Are you using a water pressure regulator?
If you are using a less expensive one, it may be regulating the pressure, but not accurately. The most important thing though is that they do not provide the volume.
Other things to consider is if you are using a whole house water filter and what size is the supply hose.
As Doc mentioned, removing the water saver devices help, but I normally read about shower and kitchen pressures but not so much the lav sink.

Peace
Dave

Peace
Dave

danemayer

Take a bucket or other container. Time filling it (use your phone's timer app) to see how long it takes to fill it outside at the faucet. Then time it again coming out of your hose (disconnected from the trailer), again after the water filter if you have one, and time it again again after the regulator.

Somewhere along the way, it'll start taking longer and you'll know where you're losing flow. If the time is about the same from faucet all the way to the kitchen, then your water supply is the problem.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
A cheap water pressure regulator will cause this problem. I bought a Valterra regulator from CW, about $70, it has 5-6 GPM flow, a gauge set a 50 PSI and adjustable. We dont have any problems with pressure at any CG.

etcmss

Ditto, the regulator

A cheap water pressure regulator will cause this problem. I bought a Valterra regulator from CW, about $70, it has 5-6 GPM flow, a gauge set a 50 PSI and adjustable. We dont have any problems with pressure at any CG.