power awning not working

Ladiver

I am trying to figure out the awnings. I have 3 awning on my new Cyclone 3100. None of them work. What is the trick? They are power awnings, so according to the manual you just need to press and hold the switch. Tried and it does not work. None of the breakers are tripped. All other systems appear to be OK. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jeff

RAHanock

If you battery (or batteries) are low, the awnings won't work. Try opening them up when connected to A/C power and see what happens.

danemayer

I am trying to figure out the awnings. I have 3 awning on my new Cyclone 3100. None of them work. What is the trick? They are power awnings, so according to the manual you just need to press and hold the switch. Tried and it does not work. None of the breakers are tripped. All other systems appear to be OK. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jeff
Jeff,

Did the awnings ever work? Also, I'm not that familiar with Cyclone configurations, but I'm trying to imagine having three power awnings, and all of them operated by one switch. Are you sure about the switch you're pressing?

porthole

Retired
There should be one switch for each awning. I'm guessing the 3rd awning is over the garage door, that switch should be on the overhead panel near the rear door.

The awnings are 12 volts, so look in the fuse panel, not the breaker panel. If you have enough 12 volt power to turn your lights on you should have enough to run the awnings.

Do the lights dim when you activate the switch?

If a fuse is bad it "should" have a red light next to the blown fuse.
All three awning not working suggests starting at the fuse panel and figuring out which fuse protects that circuit.

If you find the correct fuse and it is good (checked with a test light across both sides), I would pull the switch closest to the fuse panel and check the wires attached to it. Good possibility that the 12 volt supply comes into the closest switch and then runs in series to the next two awnings.

Ladiver

I have never tried the awnings, so I am not sure if they ever worked. I looked in the fuse box and saw no lights, but I have not tested the fuses. I also pulled the switch panel to verify the wires were connected, though I did not verify power at the switch.

There are 3 separate awning switches and none of them work. I do not see any lights dim and the batteries are fully charged. I tried the awnings with and without generator running. I was not able to run a power cord to the trailer to test while plugged in. I will get an extension cord today.

Thanks,

Jeff

marvmarcy

I suspect you don't have 12V at the switches. Start there and trace back wiring. Someone should be able to provide a schematic for you.

TedS

I believe for the light to come on next to the fuse, you must operate one of the awning switches.
And the switches would be in parallel, not series.

Ladiver

If there is a remote, I do not know about it. As for the fuse lighting up when the switch is engaged, I have not tried that. I will look again tonight.

Ladiver

Thanks Ted for the advice on activating the switch. Sure enough, the fuse lit up like Christmas. I m parked in a tight spot, so I did not try the awnings with a different fuse. I will go pick some extras up tomorrow and then try it again with someone there watching.

Thanks,

Jeff

Ladiver

After getting the fuse replaced, I can open and close all 3 awnings. I can turn the lights on for the large main awning, but it is the second awning lights that seem to cause the fuse to blow. I will try troubleshooting that next.

Thanks,

Jeff