Power King Tow Master STR ST 235/80R16

bd2dabone

Should there be concern over this problem illustrated in the picture. Small hairline crack with little fuzzy threads starting to appear. Sounds to me like a reason for concern to warranty out this tire as I have only had the new cyclone 3800 since end of February 2012.

Attachments

• textfuzz.JPG
    textfuzz.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 103

Urban350

Yes I would be concerned! But warranty might be denied as it looks like it ran over something.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
I'd pick at the crack area to see how deep it is.
Don't think the warranty covers sidewall cuts but you can try. Better yet get some better quality tires before real damage happens.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
I personally would not tow with it...just seen to much serious damage from blown tires. I would be afraid to take the chance having seen the flaw.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
You might send the pic to Tredit and /or TBC, and see what they say. Or even take the pic to a local tire place, see if they think it is a defect or road hazard damage.

Erika

lesjack7

I have a 2012 cyclone that had these tires. I replaced them before my first trip with the unit as I have a friend who had three tires blow and ruin two rims. He recommended changing them for safety sake. I put on bridgestone Duravis R250 ribbed tires. Not only does the unit tow better but the new tires are rated to 99mph instead of 65mph and they have steel sidewalls and the carrying capacity is greater. I have seen pictures of the damage a blown china made tire can do to your Rv and you may experience warranty issues with the towmasters. 5 new tires cost me about 1300.00 canadian and now I have peace of mind. Im hoping the fuel mileage will improve as well. Cheers LJ