Power recliners w/heat, massage.

gotfooled

2017 BH 3575EL. The blue led lighting on both recliners "stays on", day and night. . The on/off switch does nothing except light up when depressed and goes off when depressed. Shouldn't the on/off switch control the blue led lights?

Oregon_Camper

Our buttons are illuminated whenever we're on AC power. There is a "light" button that will light up the cup holder and it can but turned on/off. There is no way to turn off the LED's for each button. You'd have to unplug the recliners to get them to turn off.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
2017 BH 3575EL. The blue led lighting on both recliners "stays on", day and night. . The on/off switch does nothing except light up when depressed and goes off when depressed. Shouldn't the on/off switch control the blue led lights?

As OregonCamper stated.

The red on-off button "locks" the keypad so that you cannot push any of the buttons to control the chair. This is good to press once we are staying seated a while because one can inadvertently brush their hand by and turn on the heat, or the massage feature, or the cat jumps up on the arm and suddenly it's reclining..... ! In our case the plug is easily reached. I always unplug ours before travel. The lights don't bother me.

olcoon

I recently bought a recliner for the sticks & bricks that has power recliner, heat & massage from Lazy Boy. The remote for it has blue lights that are lit as long as it's plugged in. I think it's a feature so that you can see it in the dark, and sort of a night light.

gotfooled

As OregonCamper stated.

The red on-off button "locks" the keypad so that you cannot push any of the buttons to control the chair. This is good to press once we are staying seated a while because one can inadvertently brush their hand by and turn on the heat, or the massage feature, or the cat jumps up on the arm and suddenly it's reclining..... ! In our case the plug is easily reached. I always unplug ours before travel. The lights don't bother me.

WELL.......I tried it and it works exactly as you said. NOW........as an electrical engineer it would make sense to me that an on/off switch activates other circuits, namely recline, heat, vibrate. Its like the ignition switch in my car, when turned on, it allows me to start the car, not shut it off. But then again, who says I am thinking logically. Thank you for helping me out. I need to start thinking "out of the box" more often. Having operator manuals would have been nice.

gotfooled

Our buttons are illuminated whenever we're on AC power. There is a "light" button that will light up the cup holder and it can but turned on/off. There is no way to turn off the LED's for each button. You'd have to unplug the recliners to get them to turn off.

Thank you. Another brilliant design by engineers who design them but don't use them.

- - - Updated - - -

I plugged them into surge strip that has remote button to turn them off and on-

Sounds good to me but when I kneel down in the morning to tie my shoes, I try to think of other things to do when i'm down there because my arthritis wont allow me to make that trip more than once.

- - - Updated - - -

As OregonCamper stated.

Thank you, it works. Somewhat like my car......I turn the switch off and the car starts..........turn it on and the car stops. Would have been nice to get operator manuals with the seats. But then again as an EE, I should have known this. Thanks again.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
It sounds like there is more than one design.
On ours if I press and hold the power button all the control buttons light up. A quick touch of that button turns the blue lights on or off.

Peace
Dave