Power Surge - 2017 Bighorn 3970RL

MGOBLUE67

Recently our park has lost power due to storms several times and my stereo system kicks on for no apparent reason. this has just started to happen. Any thoughts?

Lynn1130

It might be related to the power surge but just guessing that if it were the radio would just not work at all.

A couple of things to check and one would be any kind of alarm or timer setting that might have been set by the surge. Not a likely happening but who knows. The other is what some of us have experience and the radio just decides to come on on it's own at odd times, like 2 AM. I never did solve my problem with this and the radio manufacturer could not come up with a solution other than sending me a new one for $300. I finally decided to remove the face plate when the radio is not being used to stop it coming on at 0 dark 30.

olcoon

Had that problem when we first got our rig. Come to find out somehow the alarm had been set. Had to break out the book & figure out how to turn the alarm off.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I've had a couple of car stereos in recent years (one about a month ago) that would turn up the volume all the way to the top on it's own! :confused:

They would work fine for days . . . then suddenly the poltergeist would appear and scare the krappola outta' me! :eek:

CoveredWagon

Ours a "Jensen" did the same thing until I found the alarm was set. Sometimes when units get a surge like that they go to a default setting which is often alarm on a 12 am. If you don't rest the clock function 12 am will be whatever time the unit came back on. BTW the Jensen shows that the alarm is on or off on the lower edge of the display panel.

Lynn1130

As I mentioned in the earlier post mine would go off at odd times and never at the same time. I thought that it might have been an alarm setting before checking it but it would just start when it wanted to and still does if I don't remove the face plate. It too is a Jensen.

jimtoo

I think???? but don't know for sure, but some of the radios have weather alert and amber alert auto turn on built into them also. There is a way to turn it off, and it should be in your owners manual.

Jim M

CoveredWagon

As I mentioned in the earlier post mine would go off at odd times and never at the same time. I thought that it might have been an alarm setting before checking it but it would just start when it wanted to and still does if I don't remove the face plate. It too is a Jensen.

my first Jensen did something similar. I would turn it on, it would turn itself off and then on again several times. Finally it would stay on. Heartland sent me a new unit, which works fine.

Have you tried resetting the unit ?