Project LM 365

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I did a little up grade today. I've been wanting to isolate my air bags from my in bed air quick-coupler. In the past 8 years I've used my onboard air compressor to fill quad, razor, bicycle, and car/truck tires. But I've never been able to build up enough pressure to air my Trail-air pin box. Before today I kept loosing my built up pressure into the air bags. Now I can shut off the bags and send pressure directly to the air hose only. Hope it works
2e48a8162d3f1c7e14a97418efcd39e3.jpg
cbc8a999ce70add2816459bf4dd2e37c.jpg
30c0f17ce4f16d0bc96e5a74a1413b3b.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CarterKraft

Does anybody have a picture of where the original LM 365 faucet drops the water ??? I didn't get one before I removed then.

I have your original faucet in my Torque and you can barely get your hand under the stream. Ill take a picture next week.
SPRING BREAK!

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Jerrod - As a tip - I found it easier to air up the Trailair bag when the trailer wasn't on the truck.
Thanks Jim, now with level up I can take the weight off the bag very easily.
With the trailer weight on the truck it's close to 120psi.

Bones

You know none of this makes any sense. I fill my air bag up with trailer hooked up no problem. I don't think your air bag should have that much pressure on it. I put mine at roughly 60 to 80 psi.

jbeletti

You know none of this makes any sense. I fill my air bag up with trailer hooked up no problem. I don't think your air bag should have that much pressure on it. I put mine at roughly 60 to 80 psi.

Dave - when I had the Trailair, I used 100-110 PSI to get the line just below the arrows. I had a 4.0-4.2k pin. I recall it was really hard to top up when I was hitched. Easy-peasy when unhitched to fill to 110, hitch, then bleed off if needed.

Bones

My pin weight is over 4000 lbs I'll check it next week before we leave

Yeah. I don't have that much pin weight on mine but my thinking is it is no different than filling the air bags on a truck.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Ya I agree, I run my TV bags at about 60psi
But I'm thinking 2 smaller bags and leaf springs is a big difference the all of the pin weight on 1 bag all by itself.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Ya with my home air compressor or at a tire shop. But I couldn't with my onboard air compressor. Now I think with this valve I think I'll be able to. If not I can take the weight off and do it like Jim suggested.

Bones

But what I'm trying to figure out 100 lbs is 100lbs no matter what container it is in. Am I assuming that you put in maybe 80 in the air bag and with compression and reduction of volume the air pressure rises to the pressure needed to keep you at the line?

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Correct
but weight changes pressure.
If I have 25psi on the pickup bags then back under the trailer those bags go up to 60 -70 psi without ever adding a pound.
On my Trail-air that pressure changes all the time, depending on what we load in the trailer for each trip, by how much fresh water & gray water in the tanks. wether changes, and altatue. So it's always a challenge to keep it on the mark.
Last time I checked it loaded and on the truck it was over 110psi

CarterKraft

Correct
but weight changes pressure.
If I have 25psi on the pickup bags then back under the trailer those bags go up to 60 -70 psi without ever adding a pound.
On my Trail-air that pressure changes all the time, depending on what we load in the trailer for each trip, by how much fresh water & gray water in the tanks. wether changes, and altatue. So it's always a challenge to keep it on the mark.
Last time I checked it loaded and on the truck it was over 110psi

Why not just install a auto valve? http://www.ryderfleetproducts.com/r...j8VsFMVmarvHvWUiW_e8FZU_cw5_f7hgGQaAoB68P8HAQ
u5590054007.jpg

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

This new Furrion transfer switch does not compare to the TRC Surge Guard transfer switch. I feeling a little hesitant to settle.
06b2fe93bfafb3affa4c61e005bd450b.jpg
b89808deed2178a5a2c9ec6cae386e5d.jpg