Quartzsite

wdk450

Gang:
I am considering going to Quartzsite for the RV get together next month, primarily to get some upgrades done by Henderson's Line Up. I have also read some negative reviews on the net about recent years rallies, particularly skyrocketing fees, speed traps and rude local businessmen, not to mention skyrocketing rents for the vendors, and questionable speed traps in town.
So, is it worth going to, has anybody on the forum have this in their agenda, and where will you be?

Thanks for the info!

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
Hey,

Hadn't heard about it until I just read a article in the new Highways !! Looks like a good time !! plus warmer weather than what we've got in Ny.

sdrubrecht

Was there last year. No problems, just good times. Can't speak to fees, we stay out and away in free areas. Only come to town once or twice to shop the bazaars. No experience with rude vendors. Lots of interesting country to explore.

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
we were there last year. All seemed to be Ok. Fewer vendors, I think because of the "market" Get to the RV show before it opens, maybe 30 minutes or so. You will then have no parking problems or traffic problems. Do no park on the road to the south of the RV show. It is posted no parking, but people will park there and when they recieve a parking ticket they will complain loadly, where there were other people there....
If you are no there by 10 am let the traffic get out of the way and go about 2pm, otherwise the 4 corners is a zoo.
We won't be there this year and will miss it greatly. Have fun

boatdoc

We'll be just across the river in Blythe for our annual trip out of the rain, looks like 10 weeks this year, yippie!!! QZ is a hoot, we go over quite often and have a blast with freinds and just do the people watch thing. Lot's and lot's to see. We also take day trips down to Los Algodones and have fun there eating in the square and the fish taco stand. We have a good dentist there and we'll get a checkup. Parker is just up the road and then on to the ZOO they call Lake Havasu. I guess I shouldn't call it a zoo but I remember it way back when there wasn't even a famous bridge there.

SmokeyBare

Bill,

Hard to imagine a Speed Trap in town. When the RV Show is going on, Quartzsite is packed with RVers hiding from Winter, parked in the desert. The times I was there traffic moves but at a slow pace, on both frontage roads. Sure the vendors gripe over increasing prices. Ever hear one say they pay far too little rent for their stall? Doubt it... There will be plenty of vendors there, RV sales Lots will be full of RV's. If you want it, it's somewhere at Quartzsite. One note though, the sales tax was 9% last time I was there. As far as rude business folks, heck dealing with rude customers at times tends to cause some of that to rub off on em.

Have FUN !

Marv

Bill, Are you referring to a Big Horn rally here in Quartzsite or the annual RV event? Also, would you educate us on Henderson's Line Up? This is our 3rd winter in Q-weather, meeting pleasant folks, & cost effective monthly rates are what attract us. In fact, we purchased our Big Horn here!

If you decide to come to Q, please contact us; we enjoy meeting other owners.

ann1951

We will be in quartzsite 9 January till15 January camping in the Holiday Palms RV Park.
It will be are fist time there.

wdk450

Bill, Are you referring to a Big Horn rally here in Quartzsite or the annual RV event? Also, would you educate us on Henderson's Line Up? This is our 3rd winter in Q-weather, meeting pleasant folks, & cost effective monthly rates are what attract us. In fact, we purchased our Big Horn here!

If you decide to come to Q, please contact us; we enjoy meeting other owners.

I am referring to the annual RV event. I know of no Bighorn rally in that area at that time.

Henderson's Line Up is the premier RV alignment/suspension service on the west coast, They are based in Grant's Pass Oregon. They have been a sponsor/presenter at the Oregon Heartland Chapter Rally in Winchester Bay. They also travel to the big RV events offering their services. See this link:
http://www.hendersonslineup.com/rv-shows/

I want to get a Trail Air Centerpoint airbag suspension installed, and was thinking about getting some of the new recirculating synthetic oil wheel bearings from them, too. I called and talked to Ken at Henderson's and was told that the suspension upgrade would be no problem, but they were responsible enough not to want to do the bearing upgrade in what could be a dusty environment.

I don't have reservations, so if I went to Quartzite I would have to boondock for the first time. I almost bought a Boily generator for this on Christmas eve (it was only $990 on E-Bay) but wasn't sure enough about the whole boondocking idea to lock up the $grand.

Ken said that they have about a week of downtime between the FMCA rally in Indio and Quartzsite. The FMCA is NOT TRAILER FRIENDLY, so I couldn't go to that event, but Henderson's could take care of my needs at a large parking lot at their hotel between events. I think I will do that. Ken said that he is a 5th wheel owner.

I have family in San Jacinto/Riverside and could hang out there in one of the MANY RV parks in the area.

Henderson's is sort of shut down for the holidays, but can be called for appointments Jan 3 and later.

albertr

We are going to AZ leaving here this weekend. Will be going to Quartzite for sure. Have some friends who dry camp there a lot. We boondock a bit but kinda like full hookup. Weather looks a little on the cold side for next 10 days or so but thats OK. Al & Mary:cool: