Question on Extended Warranty

There is an optional tire warranty that seems high. But we hAve no idea what the cost of trailer tires would be... and no idea how often people have trouble with them.

Thanks for any constructive comments. ;)

A.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
There is an optional tire warranty that seems high. But we hAve no idea what the cost of trailer tires would be... and no idea how often people have trouble with them.

Thanks for any constructive comments. ;)

A.
Angie & Larry, I don't think you were being intensionally ignored. Most of us seem to read a thread when it first starts then once we see it's direction we tend to not follow it much more. I think the general consensus of extended warranties is to be careful. There are many companies selling inferior warranties and with many there are so many loopholes it's sad. As mentioned earlier Good Sam seems to provide good coverage. You seem to have found that. I would agree that it seems to be an awesome plan at a a good price. For a measly $111 you get tire coverage. I'd go for that too!
Enjoy your new North Trail.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We have used our extended warranty twice without problems. On large ticket items we usually buy an extended warranty of some type. Just be aware most extended warranties are nothing but insurance and work has to be pre-authorized to be paid.

Will do, Ray...

Jim, I like that when you break down with the Good Sam Club policy, you call them the minute you break down. you tell me where you are and what's wrong and they coordinate all of the repairs. I believe that will make pre approval much easier. thanks for the reminder though; easy to forget when you're stranded.

BorgX

Angie,

On the tires, I would say go for it as well. Our 21FBS's came with bias ply tires and I see all over the place that they have issues. The Heartland brochure has that ours come with radial tires, but they do not and they will not make good on it so be aware of that...

Hmmmmm. I wonder how many times I've made this mistake. I just got notice of this post, and automatically hit REPLY. I wrote the entire message and was ready to SEND when I realized you can't reply to those notices. Grrrrrrrrr. You'd think i would remember that by now!

Borgx --- I think I read a thread awhile back where you mentioned the radial tires. I immediately went & looked, and never could find anything that had the designation of Radial Tires. However, I, too, remember seeing that somewhere, and being under the impression that they WERE. Where can I find that? I would like to ask my Heartland rep about it... and I will if I can find it in writing.
I only have the 2012 brochure. But supposedly the only changes are minor. I WISH I HAD A BROCHURE OF MINE!!!

It sure is a PAIN to have a brand new camper and it's in storage!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would be running out there every few minutes to check things if it were here. I can't WAIT to check the tires now!!!!! It sure is nice being able to ask others here when you can't go look at yours!
;)

Thanks!

Duhhhhhhhhhhhhh. The "R" in the number. I DID know that once... but certainly forgot it. Probably because all we every buy on our vehicles are radials. thanks for the heads up.